Extended Desktop with TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i want to run my TV as an extended desktop. I have a 7600GT graphics card, 2x DVI 1x SVideo output. My TV has multiple AV inputs with RGB and Svideo and also one with a VGA input.

I have the adapter for the graphics card that plaugs into the Svideo output and splits into RGB and SVideo.

What is the best way to do this. Use a DVI>VGA adapter and run a long VGA cable to the TV or run RGB cables.

Or am i complete n00b and going about this all the wrong way? haha.

Any help appreciated :grinthumb

Carefull

Hey.

Just keep in mind to make the cable as short as possible.

I had the exact same setup, only a long cable and the image on the other side was horrible.

So long SVGA = Very Bad Quality!

Ciao

I'd run the RGB if possible, that is thicker wires carrying 3 color signals to the TV. S-Vid carries 2 and they aren't directly colors.

DVI-> VGA might be your best bet for good quality though. If you live in the US you can get cheap VGA cables at www.monoprice.com

Ahh the cable/s will have to be about 6m long, not in US either. I had a better look last night and the SVideo on the back of my video card is a 7 pin, so i will have to use the splitter (3x RCA 1x 4pin SVideo) as my TV only has 4pin. should i run just the 3 RCAs? or 1 Svideo and 2 RCAs for audio?

Well. Like i said, long S-video cable gives you bad quality, so I would say your best bet will be the 3 RCA's. Let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back