External Backup

By jopras
Nov 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running Windows XP Home, SP3. 250G HD. 2G Ram.

I had an external hd backup, 80G. It got full so I pulled up the external HD and hit delete, thinking I would delete the Data. However (I am using Acronistrue Image 8) when I tried to start another Incremental back up Acronis told me it "could not find any hardisks". Ok, I decided to install a 250G hard drive backup, this I did. It shows up everywhere it should. My computer/pc management Etc,BUT still Acronis says it "can not find any hard drives".What have I done and how do I get out of it? Is there any other ***** proof backup system other than Acronis? jopras
  2. UglyChild

UglyChild Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

The simplest most ***** proof way to back up your files is: "Copy and Paste".

Also check if there is an update for your current software that you use.
  3. jopras

jopras Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi there, I'm sorry I gave you a bit of misinformation, Iam running Acronis True Image 9, not 8. Don't know if this makes any difference. I am still lost on this, i am not that much of a techie. jopras
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.