External hd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

I just added a highspeed 2.0 pci card in my tower, only because my computer is old and didn't ship with 2.0 highspeed usb slots. Anyways, i was wondering was it safe to play games on a external hd?

Is an external hd just like and just as powerful as an internal one?

I install painkiller black edition on the external hd and it works fast and seems to be ok, i was just wondering.

You can, but it depends on the CPU in the system, and the video card sub system? What do you have for the old PC.

256-bit GPU for graphics
128-bit for 128-mb for DDR

CPU 2.4- 2.6GHz L2 cache 512KB or 1024MB

Well painkiller black edition works perfectly on it and works very fast.

I have a PIII / 600MHZ with 512megs of ram, and my GPU is the New Visiontek 2400 HD PRO PCI , 64bit DDR2.

Tha General said:
Well painkiller black edition works perfectly on it and works very fast.

I have a PIII / 600MHZ with 512megs of ram, and my GPU is the New Visiontek 2400 HD PRO PCI , 64bit DDR2.

Pain Killer BE
* CPU: 1.5 GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
* RAM: 384 MB
* DVD-ROM Drive: 4X or Higher
* Hard Drive space: 2.6 GB available
* Video: 64 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS or better)
* Sound: DirectX 8.1b or better compatible sound card
* Input: keyboard and mouse

Then you're luckly, but I bet the video card your using is what is making it quick. AMD ATI. How much RAM is on that video card?

With stock PIII 850MHz with 512MB ATI 2xAGP 8MB of RAM my other clone is PIII 1GHz I move the CPU off one and add to another. These are DELL D600 laptops.. I also remove stock slow HDD to 40GB 72000 rpm 2.5 drives in each. They both run XP Pro SP2

I can run
Quake3 full
Half Life
Lan base games.. Is your Pain Killer BE a lan base game?

256.0MB But keep in mind, the best PCI card is the 8500GT. I hope to get it one day.

Btw, i played Crysis on this computer the other day on the external hd lol. The game doesn't play fast on this computer obviously, but it was ok.

I only plan to play one game on this external hd tho, don't over do it. :)

Oh and btw, you should upgrade your card. You arent using PCI, you have more choices and your cards are way cheaper then mine. I bought the 2400 for 137 dollars haha.

If i had AGP , i would get a much better card.

Tha General said:
256.0MB But keep in mind, the best PCI card is the 8500GT. I hope to get it one day.

Btw, i played Crysis on this computer the other day on the external hd lol. The game doesn't play fast on this computer obviously, but it was ok.

I only plan to play one game on this external hd tho, don't over do it. :)

Well you can get that card for 8x AGP, which is what I would like to get but the price is still high. So you got the PCI one. Those see to be cheaper than the 8x AGP, but yeah you're right. I have mix of ATI and Nvida, I rather the Nvida though for game play.

Painkiller has multiplayer :)

And yea the agp version of the 2400 is 80 bucks, that is kinda high for that type of card. Good luck finding a good card tho, newegg has plenty of good agp cards.
They also accept money orders, which i use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back