External PAIN IN MY @ss Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeay03

external issues...

okay i plug my external hard drive into my computer, the plug and play checks it and adds the new hardware needed for it... the little icon in the corn of the start bar that lets me know that is plugged in... All that works... but i can't find it in computer management, or in my computer... a now i can't even access my 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon... I'm about to roundhouse kick this thing out the door... every time i unplug it and then plug it back it the computer recognizes it, but then nothing happens, it wont load or anything.... what the heck is going on.... if it takes me reformating it I will do that, i have nothing to valuable on it...SO PLEASE HELP

DeeAy

The external hard drive is being detected by the operating system. Right-click on My Computer, select Manage, Disk Management and carefully look for the external drive in the list. It has to be there... Right-click on the drive and format it

Wait, is it a custom built?

If it is, what hard drive do you use?

If it is Maxtor, you need to RMA it.
Maxtor 6L250R0 and 6L250P0 has the problems with the flaw, which it is fixed by the revision at Seagate.

I know, I've tried to disk manage... thingy and all that jazz...still no go.. when i plug it in the computer tells me its there and that is uploading the proper software for it... and then it tells me its ready to use... but no go.. I check under Manage, in the my computer, But it don't show there... AHHHHH I'm beyond that...what is RMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back