External speaker not working with HP Pavilion laptop/Win7 Home Premium

My issue is that I purchased a cube type external wireless speaker (although a cord was included, allowing a direct connection between the speaker and my HP Pavilion laptop). I've checked Sound, but don't see any way to enable/disable sound when I open Sound in the Control Panel, which is part of the instructions in some forums. In addition, I can't find 'hp beats audio' under Sound, which is part of the title of the original post and mentioned in replies.

It is an unbranded speaker and did not come with any instructions. I have connected it successfully to my iPhone, but can't get sound to play through it instead of through my laptop's speakers. Here's the specs on the speaker 3"x2 1/2"x1 1/2"...bluetooth connection, Ver.3...phone call hands free...USB Plug music play, transmission distance 10M...TF/Micro SD card plug music play, input 32G...FM 87.5-108 MHz FM Radio function...Loudspeaker: 1pcs, 52MM...Output: 3WX1 LED Disco light...Charge: DC 5V, 2-5 hrs, AUX. Connect to Mobile, Computer, etc....Frequency Response: 80Hz-20KHz...SNR: 80dB. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery or the USB cable.

It is a very well made unit, mimicking a higher end, branded cube speaker, such as ihome Mini Speaker. It included an AUX in jack cable and the power cable. Without instructions, however, I am 'stuck' when trying to get the laptop's sound to play through the speaker. Sound plays fine through the laptop's own speakers, as well as through my headphones when I connect them to the laptop.

I have Googled the issue, but none of the instructions given are for my Win7 Home Premium OS. Can anyone help me? This is why I bought the speaker, to improve the listening quality, since HP internal speakers leave a lot to be desired.

Some of this stuff is far too complicated. How about turning off Bluetooth on the laptop and then connecting the speaker to the laptop headphones socket with the audio lead? I attend a class where the teacher tried to use a Bluetooth speaker with a laptop. We spent ages trying to get sound with no success. Now I bring in an obsolete little speaker which runs on AAA batteries and connects with an audio lead. It's simple and it works very effectively but you can no longer buy such an item new.

I don't know if I have Bluetooth on my laptop. Where would I look to see if I do. I have a WiFi connection to our router in another room. All of our devices run off of it. The speaker worked perfectly on my husband's Toshiba laptop by just plugging it into the headphone port. It doesn't do that on my HP computer. I've been troubleshooting this for hours yesterday and today. The issue has to be with my laptop. I checked Device Manager and everything is OK there.

It looks like that might not help. The headphones socket is fine because headphones are working when plugged in. The speaker is fine because it works when plugged into your husband's laptop. There shouldn't be a problem with the settings. Try fiddling around with the audio lead and turn up the volume on the speaker.

I don't have Bluetooth, but neither does hubby, yet the speaker works fine plugged into his laptop, as I already posted. I still can't find out why it doesn't work on my laptop, but does on his. The speaker's volume control is set to the highest setting, but still no sound. Very strange. There HAS to be something set on his LT that isn't on mine.

I upgraded from W7 to W10 ages ago but on my laptop the settings are the same for speaker/headphones so if one works there should be no problem with the other. All I can think of right now is trying another audio lead.

Back