External Storage - How useful would it be for you?

How useful would external storage be for me?

• I need one for my setup!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I'd use it if I had it, maybe.

• I wouldn't spend any money on this.

• I'd try to sell it if I had one.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
Hey guys, just curious how useful some external storage would be for some of you guys. Would a 120, 200, 250+ external drive get a lot of use? What interface would be preferred? USB2.0, Firewire (1,2), RJ45 (ethernet), SCSI, or some other?

It's not really something I need right now. For larger-then-floppy files, I find an USB key quite sufficient. To move data from one of my PCs to another, the network is once again sufficient.

I'd find it usefull to move data to someone else's PC for example, but then you're never sure about the interface ( USB 1.1 :dead: ) & they don't seem that light to carry around.

If you're feeling generous Papeh, feel free to buy me one.;)

I'd definately use one if I had it, but it's not something I find urgent right now. I mean, sure, I'd love to have one, but I just don't really have the budget for it right now, and like Didou says, a USB key suits my needs for most files.

Same here. Although external drives have got sexier with USB 2.0 and higher capacities, if I had one I'd probably use it from time to time, however I can't think of any critical tasks I need to perform to actually spend money on one for now.

I also have a 512mb USB key drive which has proven useful for moving files.

You kidding.. I sell them. ;)

I have a 200GB, a notebook-drive based 60GB and a small number of pen/thumb drives.

I couldn't live my life as a computer technician without one.

i was thinking about buying one as my internal is almost full, but i am probably going to buy another internal and install that, but ya if anyone is giving them out i will take one. and i would like USB as i have like five USB 2.0 ports open.

I dont think I use them often if I have one of those drives. A thumb drive is more than sufficient for me at the moment.

I probably sell them if I have one or given one to buy other stuff.

With CDs so cheap (and cheap DVDs up and coming), and some decent internal storage (I have 2x 80GB) and a 512MB USB-key, who needs it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back