Extra Drive Appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !!

I don't know much about pc's as you will see in my question which may perhaps be something quite ridicule to many but to me is a total mew one.

A extra cd drive has just appeared out of the blues under My Computer, it is unusable and appeared from no where.

I am having problems with burning my cd's and don't know if this may have something to do with it, but I have no idea how to delete this drive.

Any suggestions please??

Thanks!!

drives appear if you have installed a cameras and memory cards ie built into printers (picbridge) or thing similar. these drives aren't usable drives other than for the intended equipment they were installed for. they usually have the name 'removable disk G or F and so on'

they should not interfere with burning. post your burning problem!

Burning problrm is that when I want to burn data such as documents onto a cd, the program does not read the cd or dvd drive and yet when I use DivX for burning movies there's no problem.

could it be just a simple selection error? that you have chosen dvd instead of cd or wrong drive or even you are still in movie selection? what burn prog do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back