Extreme slowness ad eventually BSOD

Poldian

Hi everyone,

I have a problem witch BSOD. I have an Acer laptop: Aspire V 13, i5 5275U, 4GB Ram, Intel Iris Graphics 6100. I bought it on Decembrer, I updated to win 10.
It crashed with BSOD about 10 times from January. And when it doesn't crash it is extremly slow in some applications (for example in opening folders or google chrome) but other things does not seem to be affected (for example Microsoft Edge works well).
First thing I tried, I opened it up and carefully cleand from dust, but this seemd not to resolve the problem. I'm not an expert, so now I don't know what to do.

I'll be glad if someone could help me.
Thaks!!!

I attach the dmp files and the reports by WhoCrashed.

WhoCrashed Reports:

On Thu 14/04/2016 13:56:41 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041416-16234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE000F2E4E7C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 14/04/2016 13:56:41 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntdll.sys (ntdll!NtTerminateProcess+0x14)
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE000F2E4E7C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntdll.sys .
Google query: ntdll.sys CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

On Wed 30/03/2016 15:35:41 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\033016-14765-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE000ACC967C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 08/03/2016 21:43:20 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030816-12218-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE001EF7F97C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Thu 11/02/2016 13:30:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021116-11625-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE000DEF61600, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Wed 03/02/2016 11:43:18 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020316-12046-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE000ECFB87C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Wed 27/01/2016 11:05:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012716-18890-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE00193B827C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Wed 13/01/2016 14:15:13 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011316-11875-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE0005A7BB600, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

On Sun 10/01/2016 15:01:23 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011016-31421-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE00024C237C0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Attachments

• Dumps.zip
    480.6 KB · Views: 0
Something doesn't play nice.

If it were mine and I had a good backup of all my data, I would download a clean ISO of Windows 10 and do a clean install.

I would consider that the easiest. However, you can try to identify the source of the error (BSODs don't seem to be specific in this case). You can check Device Manager, Event Viewer and Updates Installed Log to see if anything appears. Then you can run Malwarebytes Anti-virus (free version). Then CHKDSK /r and SFC /scannow in an admin window and check results in Event Viewer. If you have a repair disk, you could try that.

My basic take is that there is something wrong with drivers - possibly a hangover from the upgrade - or you installed some nasty utilities or you have an update failure or you have two anti-virus programs running in the same place. The easiest I know is to go for clean install.

Hopefully, you have full backup of your data - remember to export contact, bookmarks, etc.

Thanks a lot!!! Just a question: when you say "You can check Device Manager, Event Viewer and Updates Installed Log to see if anything appears" what do you mean? What am I supposed to do? Are them programs?

Back