Extreme System instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys if you've read my last thread you'll probably know that after i've changed my processor i had a load of problems. Firstly my comp won't boot up, it keeps coming up with a black screen with white cursor but then i fixed this by changing the ram slots. MY comp's been stable for the 1st 2 days after i've tried this then it started crashing randomly when i play games, about 20-60 minutes into the game. Sometimes i would get a black screen then the com would restart. Sometimes the game would freeze with looping sound and sometimes there will be a red line across the screen. The cpu's temp is at about 58 when my games crash, any ideas would be greatly appreciated ,thanks :D

Sounds like at least 1 bad ram module - download and run MemTest for about 6-8 passes. If it doesn't stay on long enough for that, remove 1 module and see if it holds - if that fails, switch modules.

CCT said:
Sounds like at least 1 bad ram module - download and run MemTest for about 6-8 passes. If it doesn't stay on long enough for that, remove 1 module and see if it holds - if that fails, switch modules.

Yep i tried memtest86 after about 27 passes it came up with 3 errors but when i tried each of my ram separately they worked perfectly without any problems whatsoever.Also the crashes only seem to occur when i play games which is a bit weird :(

not exactly, a game can stress every part of a computer, the video card if graphics are intensive, the cpu, the mem. a computer can not even boot without mem. and the cpu will see nothing without the mem giving it, and other things. the heat can be intense if the air flow is not a lot to move it out of the case, the hard drive works hard if the game is installed on it,or the CD/DVD if playing off of that.

Also I would say that if the mem. had any problems(gave any errors) replace it memory can pass when it is bad, but I have never seen it have an error if it was not bad. someone may correct me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back