Extremely loud PC

Hi guys, this is my first time posting so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

This is my PC spec:
Case - CORSAIR GRAPHITE SERIES™ 600T WHITE MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU) - Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor Extreme i7-4960X (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
Motherboard - ASUS® RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION: INTEL X79, SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Memory (RAM) - 64GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (8 x 8GB)
Graphics Card - 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card - 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk - 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk - 4TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD4003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
Power Supply - CORSAIR 1200W PRO SERIES™ PLATINUM AX1200i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU
Processor Cooling - Corsair H100i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

I got the PC up and running last week. With that spec, I am expecting the PC to be quite loud. But it is horrendously loud, when idle it is too loud, so you can imagine when gaming etc, it is unbearable, you can hear it all over the house.

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas how I could fix this issue? I have downloaded Corsair Link and put it in quiet mode but it made no difference.

Thanks guys :)
Gonz

Download Speedfan and list the temps. Also play with the fan speed % to lower certain fan speeds and isolate the problem. This'll only work if you connected case fans to mobo (not PSU).

Also take a picture of your case, with particular detail to the space between the graphics cards.

Also, what was your previous computer? This isn't a server - even at all fans full speed you won't have "horrendously loud" system that can be overwhelming for an entire household. What I'm trying to say, is that you might be used to a laptop and not a performance workstation.

Back