extremely slow to start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerkid

my computer has been acting really strange lately. It is extremely slow to start up..I have tried to defrag it and it dosnt work..i stoped alot fo the start up programs and it is still extremly slow, i ran macafee virus scan and all that stuff and it showed w/ nothing so i was wondering if you guys could look at my hjt log and tell me if i got something in my comp that my virus scan and stuff arnt picking up thanks

Your HJT log appears to be clean. However, it is possible that you have some infection on your system that`s not showing up in HJT.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of computerkid only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

heres my combo fix and hjt log after doing all the stuff you told me to do..i can already tell that my computer is running a little better.

You have not posted an AVG Antispyware log as requested. Please do so in your next reply. You also need to rename HijackThis,exe as per the instructions.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log.

This thread is for the use of computerkid only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

here is my new hjt log and my avg anti-spyware is almost finnished. I was just wondering how do i save the avg log? does it pop up and ask me if i would like to save the log?

oops sorry it dosnt seem to have put my hjt log as an attachment..ill try again.. it keeps saying this "You have already attached this file in thread" ..what should i do?..i tryed to rename it and it still dosnt work?

Taken from HERE.

Make sure all windows are closed. Run AVG Antispyware..
Click 'Scanner'. Then click 'Complete System Scan' to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click 'Recommended Action' and change it to 'Quarantine'.
Then click 'Apply all actions'.

Once finished, click the save scan report button, followed by the Save report as button and save it to your desktop.

Edit: I have removed all your previous attachments. Wait until you have the AVG Antispyware log, then attach a fresh HJT and the AVG Antispyware log.

i dont know i fu saw this because i posted it before you replied so if u didnt.. it dosnt seem to have put my hjt log as an attachment..ill try again.. it keeps saying this "You have already attached this file in thread" ..what should i do?..i tryed to rename it and it still dosnt work?

Lol, see my Edit in my post above.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

whInstall

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

pop06ap2.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O16 - DPF: {21F49842-BFA9-11D2-A89C-00104B62BDDA} (ChartFX Internet Control) - http://powerview.jdpa.com/download/CfxIEAx.cab

O16 - DPF: {297DE2B6-509A-4B36-93C5-A65276606900} (RRAAINAX_02.RRAAINAX) - http://www.in.honda.com/rraaapps/rraasec/codebase/RRAAINAX/RraainAX.CAB

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\pop06ap2.exe
C:\Program Files\whInstall<Delete the entire folder.

Click start/run and type regedit into the runbox and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Navigate to the following registry key and in the right hand pane right click on it, select delete. Close regedit.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\media-motor

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for running the Ccleaner prrogramme.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs, only after doing the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back