Extremly slow server browser in CSS and BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrK66

Greetings and salutations,

My problem is pretty strange. I have 10 Mb connection and 2 top notch PCs hooked up through a D-link Gaming router which is conncted to a Packetfront switch. As I moved in to this new house the switch was already on place and there is no way I can remove it. The fiber threads are going straight into the switch. Now to the main issue.
When I play games online (Battlefield 2, Counter Strike Source...), my ping is usually lower than 30 so the games run without any lag most of the times. What annoys me is the built in server browsers. Back at my old place as soon as I entred the Server browser page in any game it would update all the servers (more than 4000), in under 1 minute. Now it takes several minutes for only a few hundred servers to show up, if I am lucky.
Does anyone have similar problem and if so is there a solution. I would be most grateful for any help you could provide.

Merry X-mas and happy new year!

i am experiencing this problem also. all the servers in my "favorites" refresh correctly but i have to push the "refresh" button in the "servers" tab multiple times before some serveres show up

I have used All seeing eye but I don't like to go through another program just to be able to play a game and ASE cost extra money. My question is what creates this problem with the server browser?!?!? I mean it worked fine before, why now?

What I was attempting to ask is - Have you tried using ASE or Pathfinder at the moment to see if the master server response lag is there?

I have tried ASE and the server list is still updating in a slowmotion fashion. The strange bit is that once I choose a server to play on, I am usually the first one who enters the game and my ping is better than most of the others on that server. :confused:
I have contacted the ISP and they want me to do a lot of testing with variuos parts of my connection. I suspect that the Packetfront switch is the reason for the slow server update. Unfortunatly the ISP told me that the entire concept of their service is built around the freaking Packetfront so the switch cannot be removed. :mad:
I will do all the tests they want me to do and I will post any results here once I am done so anybody with similar problem can use the solution. Hopefully there will be a solution. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back