F.E.A.R Performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

I just really wanted know if there is anyone with a 7900 varient single or in SLI that can post their performance test results from F.E.A.R at max settings with the highest resolution possible.

I just really want to see how much my other componants are bottlenecking my 8800GTX. And if there is much of a differnce between a 7900 series card/s and the performance I am getting.

Please list what type of CPU and such you are using also

The attached pics shows my performance at 1680x1050 with everything else maxed out.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Fear 1680x1050.JPG
    Fear 1680x1050.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 74
JimShady23 said:
I just really wanted know if there is anyone with a 7900 varient single or in SLI that can post their performance test results from F.E.A.R at max settings with the highest resolution possible.

I just really want to see how much my other componants are bottlenecking my 8800GTX. And if there is much of a differnce between a 7900 series card/s and the performance I am getting.

Please list what type of CPU and such you are using also

The attached pics shows my performance at 1680x1050 with everything else maxed out.

Thanks in advance.
OMFG 180FPS on all max?!?!

;) but then again, my X850XT can achieve the same results in FEAR, just without any AA. Ok, so maybe not 180FPS but it floats around ~78-132FPS when there is no AA, @1440x900, and the map is well made (as in, doesn't make my card draw stuff that I don't see, AKA a map well sectored).

X2 3800+ @ 2.4GHz @stock volts
X850XT @ PE speeds
1GB (2x512mb) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2

BTW, not a 7900, but I imagine that a 7900 would be faster than my X850XT so.... yeah.

Lol no reason to assume that it ran at 189FPS :p That's just the highest. Oh well, feel happy. I run it at 640x480 all lowest at about 4-5 FPS. Radeon 7000PCI FTL :( 5 more days and I'll be pushing 100 on max at 12x10 :p

HeHe

Well no, the average FPS is 89....189 was the highest.....did it run 189 from more than 2 frame ? IDK LoL.....

You have to remember that is with 16x AA also.....

I love my new monitor, its a 22" widescreen but F.E.A.R says that its max resolution of 1680x1050 is not supported by the game, but it lets you set the game to that res. Says 1600x900 isnt supported by the game either, but again it lets you select the setting.

Dont know if that dampers perfomance at all......

And MetalX post your results with that 7950 when you get it at max settings with max AA, AF and resolution. Cause I was looking to upgrade to a E6300 and I want to see what the difference is comparably. If you pull ahead of me with a lesser graphics card I will know its time to upgrade my CPU And Memory

Ok. I will post my results. BTW I need to update my sig. I sold the Core 2 System because someone I know offered me $2000 for it. I spent that money on a new TV (42" HD 1080p). So now I'm back to my old 3200+ A64 rig. So you should know that:

A) My CPU sucks (Athlon 64 3200+ Venice)
B) My RAM is beyond crappy (2 no-name sticks of 512 DDR in dual channel rated for DDR400 but won't run past DDR266 even with dual channel that's only PC4200)

So if I get better than you, I would be absolutely disbeliveing. However, I may get better than you just because my monitor doesn't support any resolution over 1280x1024, and anything lower than that makes it all blurry (it's an LCD).

So basically, according to your profile, you beat me in every area. But I'll have those results up by the 25th-26th.

I sold the Core 2 System because someone I know offered me $2000 for it.

Lucky! Highest I sold a system for on Ebay was about $1700 ( Only cost about $900 to make :D )

Also what size is your monitor if it only supports 1280x1024? I got a 22" and it's 1600x1200 I believe

The 8800GTX is normally bottlenecked by anything short of an E6600, which still bottlenecks it but to a smaller degree than other processors. Your Socket 939 Athlon 64 would definitely be bottlenecking it to a large degree then.

MetalX said:
A) My CPU sucks (Athlon 64 3200+ Venice)
Oh come on, just because there are core 2s now doesn't mean the good old athlon 64s suck. The 3200+ is overclockable to 2.8GHz if not more (3000+ was stable at 3.1GHz). And DO NOT tell me that's slow, I'm sure the E6300 won't perform at 200% the speed. And remember, the 3200+ is like 70$ now, the E6300 ~200.

I'll try to get my score up sometime.

E6400 Core2Duo (2.13)
2 Gigs DDR2-667
7800GS CO (AGP)
Crappy ASRock motherboard

agi_shi said:
Oh come on, just because there are core 2s now doesn't mean the good old athlon 64s suck. The 3200+ is overclockable to 2.8GHz if not more (3000+ was stable at 3.1GHz). And DO NOT tell me that's slow, I'm sure the E6300 won't perform at 200% the speed. And remember, the 3200+ is like 70$ now, the E6300 ~200.
You forgot about my mobo. It doesn't allow the CPU voltage to be increased past 1.45V without a voltmod. At that voltage, it can't get past 2.2GHz, and even there it's not really that stable.

MetalX said:
You forgot about my mobo. It doesn't allow the CPU voltage to be increased past 1.45V without a voltmod. At that voltage, it can't get past 2.2GHz, and even there it's not really that stable.

I can't get my 3500+ past 2.4GHz on default voltages. I need to google up or start a thread to see what good voltages are for certain overclocks.

MetalX said:
2.2GHz? My ECS mobo overclocks my X2 3800+ (equal to a single core 3200+) to past 2.4GHz (2GHz normal) on stock volts... I must be surely missing something?

Ic

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I don't know about the R600 but for the 8800GTX, yes it would. Note that the same need not apply for the GTS.

So do you think my performance would be better FPS wise if I slapped in a GTS instead of a GTX ? (Concidering my system specs)

Cause I got a GTS sitting here brand new in a box right next to me, I just dont want to open it cause I do have to sell it.

agi_shi said:
2.2GHz? My ECS mobo overclocks my X2 3800+ (equal to a single core 3200+) to past 2.4GHz (2GHz normal) on stock volts... I must be surely missing something?

My motherboard isn't that well known for overclocking if you know what I mean ;) . I really have no experience with voltage changing, although when I try to go for 2.5GHz on stock voltages, the computer boots but artifacts almost immediatly.

Well, I think it's my CPU as well. I don't think it is one of the best ones from the production run. I think it just needs more voltage than other Venice cores to get up to 2.4 GHz. I mean, it DOES go to 2.4GHz and boots and runs and works fine for the most part, but I very rarely experience stablility problems with it at 2.4GHz, sometimes it causes a deep freeze or a BSOD, maybe once every week at that speed. So I keep it at 2.0GHz. However, I may do the voltmod for my mobo that would allow the voltage to go up to 1.7 volts.

my MSI NX6600GT (AGP 8x) averages 43fps at 1152 X 864, 2x AA, 2x AF, mostly else on high. the lighting and shadow effects in fear are great. interestingly enough, my processor (p4 3E) does not run a full load during gameplay, usually at 35%. does anyone else's computer behave this way?

JimShady23 said:
So do you think my performance would be better FPS wise if I slapped in a GTS instead of a GTX ? (Concidering my system specs)

Cause I got a GTS sitting here brand new in a box right next to me, I just dont want to open it cause I do have to sell it.
I don't think so. Performance actually might drop a bit. Leave the GTS alone for now and upgrade ur processor later when u can.

Got my performance specs with my 7950 like you said JimShady.

Minimum: 32
Average: 60
Maximum: 133

0% below 25FPS
21% between 25-40FPS
79% above 40FPS

Thats all max settings 4xAA 8xAF at 1280x960.

Cool

Not bad not bad.

Id like to think that if I dropped your 7950 in my my computer, having double the RAM, RAID 0 (not sure if you do) and a few more mhz on the CPU (my dual core dont matter cause fear only uses one core) I may be a able to pull 5-10 more FPS out of her ?

Bringing your 7950 to 65-70 average FPS.

Thats still leaving my 8800 with a 19-24 FPS lead over the 7950.

But I do have mine set to a higher res and 16x AA

Well I really dont know if this prooves anything but it does show that the 8800GTX can be used with positive results on a non E6600 system. Will it get as high of a FPS, hell no, but it still aint to shabby.

I think in my case a pair of 7950's in SLI would have been a better choice and cheaper then the 8800GTX but like I said I did have the money and I do plan on upgrading to atleast a E6600 by spring. And DX10 compatable helped in my choice also.

BUT PLEASE KEEP THE TEST RESULTS FLOWING IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting yours metalX

Np man, I just wanna show off my new system performance cuz I've never had anything this good before.

LoL

Thought you just has a Core 2 Duo System that you sold ?

Anyways.....

You might get a few FPS better yourself if you got rid of the ancient 40 gb IDE :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back