F10 Flash Recovery on MSI-6728 FRIED my system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgower2

Can't Boot! F10 Flash Recovery on MSI-6728 FRIED my system!

Here's the history:

I just installed the MSI 865PE NEO 2 - P mobo and, of course, I updated the BIOS. Since the last BIOS update, I've been having crashes, BSODs during FarCry, and my CPU fan RPMs have been erratic. So during boot I hit F10 for "Flash Recovery" thinking that it would revert to the old BIOS. My screen went blank, I waited for 30 seconds, rebooted, and NOTHING. No POST/beep, nothing. I cleared the CMOS - nothing. I don't use a floppy DD so I was wondering if it needed the FDD to restore the BIOS.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Remove the CMOS battery overnight. If that doesnt work then you need to contact MSI and see if you can get a replacement CMOS chip.

No more replacement CMOS chips

vegasgmc said:
Remove the CMOS battery overnight. If that doesnt work then you need to contact MSI and see if you can get a replacement CMOS chip.

The CMOS or BIOS ROMs are soldered onto the mobo for the MSI boards. You can only replace the ones that are sitting in sockets. Using the clear CMOS jumper should have the same effect as removing the battery.

Thanks for the suggestions.

New mobo solved this

I just installed a new motherboard last night and it works fine. Keep in mind, for future reference, my D-Bracket LEDs were all red indicating a bad processor, but my proc. wasn't bad at all, just a bad BIOS flash/recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back