F6 SATA Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Hi guys.... I feel so screwed right now for making the wrong choice.

See, I bought a SATA1 120GB harddrive, for installing windows xp. My motherboard supports SATA1. Anyways, built everything and all and came to installation... But I cannot make a floppy, my motherboard cd/site doesn't have SATA drivers. The motherboard is an... here it comes.... ECS NFORCE4-MA(v1.1) (site: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=658&MenuID=132&LanID=9. I looked for SATA drivers on the cd, no luck. On the website, no luck. I looked on nVidia at the nForce drivers, picked nForce 4 (as there is no such thing as an nForce4 4-X as my motherboard has)... but again, failed as windows never picked it up as a SATA driver.

Does anyone, anyone, know where I can find SATA drivers to use on the F6 part for the nForce4 "4-X"? I don't want to buy a new motherboard and redo everything....

In looking for SATA drivers, look for RAID drivers. As such, you will find the driver included in the package of Nvidia chipset, Lan, IDE and Raid drivers for NFORCE4M-A(V3.0) on the ECS site.

Yeah the board comes with a disk that has all the drivers on it. It's actually a great board with lots of features. For the $$$ its hard to beat.

I'm running 4 sataII 500 gig seagates with no issues

I am having a similar problem. I have a brand new ECS G33T-M2 motherboard with an intel core duo chip, this is a PCI board. I also bought two new SATA hard drives, a seagate SATA/300 and a Western Digital SATA 160 gb. Bios recognizes both drives. I made a floppy from the cd that came with the motherboard (thanks to you mailpup, I found it in the RAID folder). When I try to install Vista, it just goes through the windows loading bar and then stalls. WHen I try to install XP, I can go through the F6 process and select a driver, but then it just goes into an endless loop of rebooting checking hardware, loading files and then right when you should select the drive to partition and format... reboots again. I was able to run the seagate utility from floppy and it says my drive is fine.. Any suggestions? I just dumped a lot of money to make my computer work, and its useless.

I just tried the F5 trick, didn't work still loads the driver but when it gets to starting windows, it reboots.

"Customer Service" at my mobo company said that if the drive displays during the POST screen, that I should not need any F6 drivers during install. Ideas anyone?

trying to fix my problem, I had bought a second SATA drive. This one is a WD 160 gb. At least WD has a datatools dos disk you can download. I was able to format and partition the drive. It does not help with the install process though. The only difference is now when it reboots it gives me the error: NTLDR Missing, Ctr-Alt-Del to reboot.

still not having any luck, now the mobo tech support wants me to change it from SATA II to SATA by changing the SATA jumper on the board. Problem is, on my board, there is no such jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back