Facebook doesn't work in browsers but does in android app

liftedplane

As the title suggests my facebook does not work in browsers anymore, ANY browsers. doesn't matter if it's mobile, desktop or laptop the only way I can access facebook is from my phone or tablet.

I've tried everything I can think of to connect.
  • reset facebook password and delete all authorized devices
  • remove and replace facebook email
  • different connection, different computer
  • desktop, laptop, phone, tablet.
  • disabling and waiting a day then re-enabling my account
it doesn't matter where I'm connecting I get an error telling me that they are working on it. they've been working on it for 4 days now. I checked appeals to see if my account was blocked it wasn't.

anyone have any ideas on what's causing this?

the first image is what my desktop shows, the second is what happens if I try to go to ANY other link to facebook.

the last pics are all various browsers from my phone

error.PNG
Capture.PNG
Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-12-33.png
Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-13-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-14-38.png
Screenshot_2015-09-16-23-15-50.png

I've even tried contacting facebook support, and no response. I think it has to be some kind of server error or something, I just can't figure it out

thanks

Good work, good data supplied.

The cellphone works as it takes a different path - - the cell service (unless you had it connected via wifi to your router AND you have the configuration settings).

I get an error telling me that they are working on it
usually that would be a server-side issue, as the content and formatting IS from Facebook.

FYI: from your end
from my end
This is normal DNS at work. I can access your server ONLY by using the IP address, but logging in then reverts to my server address.

IF you only have one PC and all its browsers have this symptom, we have some hope.
Otherwise, multiple PCs all having this system is more challenging.

Alright here's a tracert from my office. my phone, using either wifi or cellular data doesn't work, I've tried xfinity hotspots gonna try starbucks and try my laptop and cellphone there. I'm pretty sure it won't work.

I'll stop by ATT and T-mo and see if their phones can connect, at this point I'm sure it's on their end not mine... problem is it's been 5 days I've sent an email and haven't gotten a single response.

man this is frustrating

Capture.PNG

I understand your pain, but just think, "5 days server outage" . . . It would be all over the Internet!

get a cmd prompt under the Admin id:
runas /user:administrator cmd
enter the password​
then enter
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
REBOOT the system

I've done that, what get's me is that it's ANY browser and ANY connection aside from the android app... possibly the iphone and windows but I don't use those.

last night I installed tails and connected to tor... tried in TOR browser, exit node was Birmingham UK... was required to verify my account with my phone, then white screen again. used my friends ATT phone.. same thing... used my friends windows phone on verizon. same thing.

my laptop both on xfinity wifi and my phone hotspot.... same thing.

every browser I try to use refuses to work... I get notified that I've logged in on my phone... but I'm unable to view anything in any browser.... regardless of the system linux windows android ios... it doesn't matter it refuses to work in any browser of any sort

I just tried logging into an old account of mine and it works just fine... my friends can log into their accounts on my PC... it's literally just my account... something in my account on facebook's side it messed up... that's gotta be what's causing this.

problem is there's no way to contact facebook aside from through their contact form and I doubt if the... people... running their contact us will be able to solve it. man... this is frustrating

every browser I try to use refuses to work... I get notified that I've logged in on my phone... but I'm unable to view anything in any browser.... regardless of the system linux windows android ios... it doesn't matter it refuses to work in any browser of any sort
and that makes me specious of your system and/or settings
I just tried logging into an old account of mine and it works just fine... my friends can log into their accounts on my PC... it's literally just my account... something in my account on facebook's side it messed up... that's gotta be what's causing this
well that's new info. :sigh:

Well... if and when I solve this I'll let you know... there's gotta be a way to contact facebook support... maybe I should message zuckerberg on his facebook page... yeah, that'll work

:'(:D

Make sure you flush all cookies and then
type in your login id and click the Don't Remember My Password - -
That process should cause the host to 'refresh' you account record.

Make sure you flush all cookies and then
type in your login id and click the Don't Remember My Password - -
That process should cause the host to 'refresh' you account record.

done that as well... even removed sync on my google account... deleted ALL cookies on my computer and used a linux live CD that couldn't have possibly had cookies.

it's definitely something on their side... and internal server error of some sort was what a friend of mines phone said... the first time I got anything other than error or a blank screen

error 500 was what it showed

Update:

mobile browsers seem to be working desktops aren't unless I go to m.facebook.com so it seems to be correcting itself.

m.facebook.com
see the M. ?? that implies the url is intended for mobile users.
Normally we access facebook.com and the site would redirect to the m.facebook.com version only for mobile devices.
However, there's nothing stopping anyone from accessing the m.facebook.com directly.

see the M. ?? that implies the url is intended for mobile users.
Normally we access facebook.com and the site would redirect to the m.facebook.com version only for mobile devices.
However, there's nothing stopping anyone from accessing the m.facebook.com directly.
I couldn't access mobile or desktop versions of facebook from either my desktop laptop tablet or phone.

now suddenly the mobile version is working on ALL devices. that's specifically why I checked the mobile version on my desktop... I still cannot access the desktop version on ANY device.

so I'm thinking whatever is wrong is somewhere in facebooks databases or servers or some such... here's hoping it eventually straightens itself out like the mobile version did.

Well nearly two weeks later and it's working again. didn't work last night, decided to check this morning... and it's working again. absolutely no idea what caused it and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

thanks for trying to help, looks like there's nothing any of us could have done but wait :D

don't know if this can be marked solved, I can't do it myself.

Hello,
I have the same problem nearly 2.5 years later, only the mobile version works! Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem?
Thanks

For any website access, all errors 5xx are server errors and there's NEVER anything you can do nor wrong with your system.

See my comment above; 5xx errors are generated at the server (the website) and you can't do anything and your PC or Tablet is NOT the problem!!

Did you try to put the DNS address manually? if not try to do so,
I had same problem because of DNS server problem, When I replace my address with :
1. 8.8.8.8 (primary dns)
2. 8.8.4.4 (secondary dns)
my account has started working fine. so I will also recommend you to do so.

It was some updates recently. They making new features related to security and face confidential stuff.

Back