TechSpot

Facebook improves News Feed, recycles older posts with Story Bumping

By Shawn Knight
Aug 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook is once again making changes to their News Feed algorithm to make sure you don’t miss out on any important posts from your friends. In the event that you didn’t scroll down far enough in your News Feed, a...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,980   +391

I dont want to see the "important" stories seeing as I dont really care about 90% of the people on my friends list. Am I the only person who just wants A.) my news feed to be in chronological order and B.) non buggy chat/online status? thats all I want from facebook...

3. ItsMeCyndi

ItsMeCyndi TS Rookie

I would like to see an "I Support This" or "I hate this" button as opposed to a "like" button.

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,761   +97

I guess they don't have anything better else to do is just fiddle with the core. It's okay as it is now. Keep changing it might lead to Exodus!

5. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 692   +48

So now all the annoying girls on my page stories will be bumped to the top by annoying hopefuls commenting her, I hope this feature can be disabled.

6. MadCityObserver

MadCityObserver TS Rookie

The algorithm that needs an urgent rewrite is the one that selects people to be displayed on my "Welcome" page's "Add people you know" list. As a Caucasian male I wonder why the list I'm presented with is unfailingly dominated by black females who aren't from my home town, who didn't attend my high school or university, who reside nowhere close to where I now live, who share none of my interests, and who typically appear to be fifty years my junior.

7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,761   +97

Well there are issues with how face book finds friends and what type of friends it finds for your. That needs serious rework of the code. If I time James Brown in SC in finds all the James Brown all over the system. That's not what I was looking for. Like it can't find the right person.

This timeline addition is not really needed. No one ever goes to it, so it no much use too me. I use but I still have to point people to it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.