Facebook not working on any browser on both PC and Mac

AGMB2012

I have tried reseting my router and am sure thats where my problem lies as when I log in to another router I can access facebook. I have tried pinging facebook on both my pc and mac and it continues to time out. how can I fix this issue. I am operating windows 8.1 and mac osx Yosemite I generally use chrome and have the latest version on both devices, I am also using the latest version of safari and firefox on my mac and the latest version of IE on my PC.

I also think that the problem is the router at first but why could you connect other device into it and work? Do you have the latest version of Facebook on both device? You'd better use vpn for a faster and safer web browsing.

I have tried reseting my router and am sure thats where my problem lies as when I log in to another router I can access facebook.
Got to make sure we understand.
Using Your.ISP-->router-A and two systems, both fail to access facebook.
Using Your.ISP-->router-B and the same two systems, both can access facebook.

Notice, I saying that the only difference is the router and you're testing access via the SAME isp.

I also think that the problem is the router at first but why could you connect other device into it and work? Do you have the latest version of Facebook on both device? You'd better use vpn for a faster and safer web browsing.
I am able to connect to facebook on cellular data and my friends router but not my own. that is what I meant when I said that I logged into another router. on my mobile devices I do have the latest version of the facebook app but am more concerned when I am on wifi not cellular data so I am focusing on my Imac and my PC laptop here.

Good clarification. Cellular data bypasses your WiFi and tallies against your data plan - - and the mobile devices DO have apps where the desktop systems do not.

Power off YOUR router and wait 30 seconds before restoring power.

On the PC, get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG
your result should look like
Code:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
  Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : abcd.com
  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
  Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
  Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1  << this is your router address
you must have all four lines, if not do it again.

Then enter PING 8.8.8.8
and you should get timing data and no timeouts

Then enter NSLOOKUP google.com
and you should get a list of addresses and no failures

Got to make sure we understand.
Using Your.ISP-->router-A and two systems, both fail to access facebook.
Using Your.ISP-->router-B and the same two systems, both can access facebook.

Notice, I saying that the only difference is the router and you're testing access via the SAME isp.
I live in a dormitory and my apartment has 2 modems my roommate has her router plugged into the modem in her room and I have mine in the one in my room. so I am not sure if different modems have different ISPs. I listed my posting as Mac and PC as when trying to go through the command prompt *if I have to* it may be different commands. As for the modems I am sure they need replacing but dorm management is refusing to upgrade the routers on floors 8-10 *I live on 9* and as such they plan to have all of the upper floors move to the lower floors by the end of september. if it could just be a modem problem then my issue may be fixed when I move but if not then I need to know how to fix my router in order to be able to access my clientele. as I stated both my computers are running the latest version of windows and OSX I will be upgrading my laptop to windows 10 when it becomes available to me. I keep all of my browsers as up to date as possible. as for my router I have never dropped it or had it fall as it sits in a safe place on the floor away from foot traffic. it is a netgear router and my roommates is a belkin not sure if brand make any kind of difference at all so I include the brand. as I am typing I am in class and unable to access the model and make of my router and will post a reply when I get back from class.

Good clarification. Cellular data bypasses your WiFi and tallies against your data plan - - and the mobile devices DO have apps where the desktop systems do not.

Power off YOUR router and wait 30 seconds before restoring power.

On the PC, get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG
your result should look like
Code:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
  Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : abcd.com
  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
  Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
  Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1  << this is your router address
you must have all four lines, if not do it again.

Then enter PING 8.8.8.8
and you should get timing data and no timeouts

Then enter NSLOOKUP google.com
and you should get a list of addresses and no failures
I will try this this evening and post my results

Yes OS X investigation is a tad different, but let's try not to make the earth spin west-to-east just now and simplify by getting your router and the PC working first.

Perform the power cycle on the router and test the PC per the above.

Here is what I get after unpluging and re plugging in my router on the comand prompt for the ip config
upload_2015-8-11_13-48-45.png
I apologize for taking so long its midterm week and ive been busy

This is what I get when I ping facebook.com

upload_2015-8-11_15-32-29.png

it is still telling me when I try to load the page in my chrome browser that the page is timing out

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-11_15-32-9.png
    upload_2015-8-11_15-32-9.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2015-8-11_15-32-19.png
    upload_2015-8-11_15-32-19.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
Those settings and PING results testify that your Internet is just fine ! The issue must lay in the browser or a proxy you're accessing.

click on this - https://173.252.110.27 - did you get to FB?

I did the trace again and these are the results:
upload_2015-8-12_0-7-5.png
I find these results a bit concerning with the number of timed out results

upload_2015-8-11_21-20-28-png.80600

Sort of what I feared. The nasty is line #2, that's the connection from your router to the ISP.
Send or give the above to Comcast.

On the other one, you got a different path altogether and the lines 10->30 show that sever can not be reached.

Could this problem lie with the modem I am using? If so then I know that I won't get a new one as my housing staff will not be upgrading the modems on floors 8-10 and me being on 9 I am screwed until the end of the term where I move to a lower floor with new modems.

This is kind of what I thought when I first started having the issue. I asked housing to get my modem replaced but they have refused on the account that regardless of what I do I will be moving to a new room within the next 5 weeks. *sigh* I guess I will have to wait until I move rooms to use facebook at the dorms and just deal with cellular and wifi at the school for now.

Back