TechSpot

Facebook now has 1 billion mobile users and 200 million Instagram users

By Justin Kahn
Mar 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. While all attention is being focused towards Facebook's acquisition of gaming VR company Oculus for $2 billion, the company also made another interesting announcement on Tuesday with regards to the social network's mobile user numbers.

Read more
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,452   +620

$1bil mobile users, but they still can't make a functioning main app for Android, OR something that works at all for their Messenger app ...
    NTAPRO and wastedkill like this.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

To think that roughly 15% of the world's population uses Facebook daily. Quite mindboggling.
  4. bob333

bob333 Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

what are you trying to say? $1 Billion or 1 Billion mobile users?
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,977   +730

Don't let that figure fool you, who the hell knows how they figure it out. It may have been downloaded a billion times but I've downloaded and removed it a few times myself. Also remember that everytime you switch on your device you automatically get signed in. Although FB does have a hellava lot of users I take what they say with a shovelful of salt, these companies love inflating and strutting their stuff.
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,452   +620

Ah, 1 billion users. :)
  7. bmaytum

bmaytum TechSpot Member Posts: 40

Like PT Barnum so accurately pointed out in the early 1900's "A sucker is born every minute." He foretold the onslaught of twits and farcebookers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.