TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook problem

By Annie54
Oct 1, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. On Monday evening, my FB (as usual) locked up. Apparently Firefox, while faster, has it's issues. Anyway, when I shut down, restarted, when I attempt to get on FB it won't even go to the login page - just goes to a white screen. My husband's laptop was up, so I logged off of his, onto mine - BAM, white screen; my son called and attempted it . . . and yep . . . he can't get back on. I don't know if I've been hacked, if it's a virus (although I have virus software which is running 24/7 . . . I'm at a loss.

Can anyone help me?

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,786   +343

FB has been down a couple times lately. It took me 30 minutes to post some pics the other day. Its been up & running fine the past couple days. I use Firefox, Google Chrome & SeaMonkey but as far as loading FB, they're about the same.
    What virus software are you running?

3. Annie54

Annie54 TS Rookie Topic Starter

AVG . . . been using it for over 6-7 years. Everyone I know has been able to get on it except us on the thread. I have cleared my cache, flushed my dns, cleared cookies, tried chrome, IE and Firefox . . . none of them work.

4. learninmypc

Ok, no guarantee, but in Firefox go to Tools>Options>Advanced Tab>Network Tab & where it says Connections, over to the right & click settings & make SURE NO PROXY is selected & post back.

5. Annie54

You don't want me to use the "use system proxy systems" . . . you want me to check the "no proxy settings"?????

6. Annie54

Okay, I tried it . . . didn't work. But thanks

7. learninmypc

Correct. NO proxy is what you want.

8. learninmypc

NO PROXY.JPG
    that is what it should look like

9. leea hansen

leea hansen TS Rookie

Did the no proxies fix actually work? I am having the same problem as well and my mother. I am using chromium OS and my mother is using windows 8.1 my fiance was able to pull up facebook on our windows 7 pc..... im at a loss

10. DeWeller

DeWeller TS Rookie Posts: 21

As you see in Similar topics, it's a common problem with FB and it happens from time to time. There's no need to worry.