Facebook purges physical goods from online gift shop

By Shawn Knight
Aug 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook has announced plans to purge physical merchandise from its online gift store less than a year after launching the service. The social network envisioned Facebook Gifts as being a one-stop shop for items like chocolate bars, cupcakes and stuffed...

Read more
  2. Saintnsinner

Saintnsinner Newcomer, in training Posts: 55   +11

Facebook is starting to be the one stop shop for censorship.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Addict Posts: 769   +154

Soon to be censoring the fugly... jk but still funny haha

Facebook the one stop shop for non-fugly people that are either taken or taken and ready to mingle or single wanting to get some mingle on...
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,097   +724

The whole concept sucks lol.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,192   +511

An online gift shop integrated into FB... I never even knew such a thing existed existed and even if I had, I would've simply ignored it in much the same way I ignore the ads.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

In other words they don't actually want you to have anything for spending money in their gift shop. They can still cut cost with the non-physical goods and charge extra for delivery with physical goods. If you ask me they are a bunch of text book idi-ots, that don't know how to think rationally.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.