Facebook to discontinue email service

By Shawn Knight
Feb 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook will soon be discontinuing its troubled @facebook.com e-mail service and has already started notifying some users of the impending change. Existing users will soon have their @facebook.com messages forwarded to the primary e-mail address on file...

Read more
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 516   +137

Heh, I totally forgot they tried the email thing...
  3. bob333

bob333 Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

... I didn't even knew that Facebook provided any email service. I must return to my cave!
  4. MarkHughes

MarkHughes TechSpot Member Posts: 42

I didn't know about it either until they announced it was going, And my guess is that none of my friends do as I don't think I have received any. Gee, Wonder why it didn't work. :)
  5. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 802   +8

Oh wow, I had completely forgotten they were doing the email thing. I remember reading it here when they made the announcement, but completely forgot about it when they actually opened it up, lol.
  6. No one cares, why is this in news?
  7. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 990   +147

Wow. I'm not even aware of facebook email service.
  8. A tree still falls even if no one is around to hear it
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,204   +70

I remember at one point they gave me a @facebook.com but I thought it was only to be used for facebook and stuff so I never actually used it.
  10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Like Facebook didn't know enough about you without reading your emails too.

Anyway, that's the NSA's job.
  11. Piston

Piston Newcomer, in training

You don't speak on behalf of everyone. I was interested just to keep up to date with what's going on lately.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.