Facebook won't fully load

selena11

Hi everyone I am getting frustrated I have tried everything on here to get my facebook to load. can anyone give me more suggest ens please.

There seems to be some sort of glitch in loading at times. Are you using Google Chrome?

What you say it won't load for the account your using? What error message do you get?

What you say it won't load for the account your using? What error message do you get?

I am not getting no error message at all. this is what comes up when I log in
Facebook

Search for people, places and things
Retrieving suggestions

Ok, Firefox is a browser, google is a website. What Operating System are you using? XP,W7,W8 ?
xp

I don't know about others, but this thread is confusing.
"I am using Google. I downloaded chrome and still would not load.".

"I am using fire fox and google".

Might I suggest you use Firefox & go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Click the Network Tab & make sure NO PROXY is checked. Now try going to https://www.facebook.com/ & see if you can get in.

I don't know about others, but this thread is confusing.
"I am using Google. I downloaded chrome and still would not load.".

"I am using fire fox and google".

Might I suggest you use Firefox & go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Click the Network Tab & make sure NO PROXY is checked. Now try going to https://www.facebook.com/ & see if you can get in.
nope all ready did that and it is still the same..it wont even let me open a new account..

If you use another computer do you get this same issue? If you use Chrome and login to Chrome on your account through Chrome (google) somewhere your profile gets save. I only seen what you get sometimes.

Go into the browser and remove all cookies for Facebook. Delete them.

Are you on Windows? If so which OS version.

Well, I'm stumped. I've never had a problem accessing facebook with google chrome or any other browser I use. Maybe
jobeard can help. Or someone.

FB Pictures frequently come from other sites; eg
  • xxxx.fbcdn.net
  • xxx.akamaihd.net
so firewalls, hosts file & A/V filters can be involved here

XP with facebook..Got to be something else going on there. the OP has to be more giving with what he's doing. XP is that SP3. Chrome Browser up to date?

jobeard said:
try this sequence - - I suspect your DNS is being filtered:

• get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enter
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • net stop "dns client"

now try accessing facebook​
Awesome thanks that worked​

You got the highest minds working on this issue and still not being solved. To me something else is going on there. We can only give advice. If the PC is worn out or too old might consider replacing it. XP was quick loading pages also.

See if Facebook loads. If I can find the old tipstir network tools you can use that on XP.

This is old but you can use it on your XP...

Found the 28 Tipstir's Network Tools Collection. Some files don't even exist anymore.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yt2vgzomzzz/Tipstir_nic_tweaks2009.exe

Old scripts I made-up for networking it was revised in 2009 (added since 2003)

Ok had to dig up some old Windows XP stuff.. Good thing online stuff is available after all these years.. ;)

Hope it helps.. Have Windows 7 - 64-bit Stuff for the above it's a lot different..

Back