Faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ,
i have 2 identical hp w2007 flat screen monitors. they are both installed on
identical gateway 3 yr old PC's with xp. one monitor is upstairs, and mine is downstairs. mine works perfectly .. they one upstairs.. lets call it monitor 1,
has developed a bright or washed out , bright horizontal line about 4" tall-going across the entire screen.
... along with this problem it doesn't have true black ,(more of a black brown faded) on all black screens...
Mine , monitor 2, is perfect.
monitor 1, started having issues ,with not holding, a preferred setting.. it wouldn't hold resolution, size or brightness , contrast and other settings.. i have uninstalled the new monitor and software and reinstalled it.. i have tried all the monitor adjustments , i have tried to match resolutions and setting to my perfect monitor 2..nothing works.. from day one , it only had one oddity... there was a white shadow
around the arrow pointer,cursor, my monitor never had that.. i couldn't even make my pointer/cursor , do that..
does anyone think it has a burned out
band " across the monitor? what are these new crystal clear view flat screens like inside? Anyone think there is anything i can do..
could it be a bad video card.. or just a blown new monitor?
thanks for all the help.. i can sure use it..
jagzz

Either take it in to have it looked at or buy another monitor. If it is under warranty you may be able to have it replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back