Fail to install audio driver lenovo G550

barrrrrrrrrr10

Hello,

I accidently deleted my conexant audio driver and now unable to completely intalling it back...
I downloaded the driver from lenovo site,each time it fails to install at the "drivet installation wizard" and I'm unable to finish the setup and left with no sound! plz help!

My os is Win 7 32 bit' home pre

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

List any Problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report

• Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post
No devices are listed in the "Problem Devices"

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 11

Attachments

• devices.txt
    166.4 KB · Views: 39
Help plz!!

Please understand everyone here provides their time and help on a volunteer basis. I try to help when I can and have the spare time so can't promise fast turn around with replies. I try to get back within 24 hours. Sometimes faster, sometimes not. If you need immediate assistance/turn-around with your problem, take it to a computer repair shop. Now, back to topic

Here's what I see
You have High Def (HD) audio on both your lenovo motherboard and on your Nvidia graphics controller. fyi.. Windows connects to HD audio like this
Windows <===> HD Audio (HDA) Controller <===> HD Audio Devices
The HDA controller, appears in DevMgr under System Devices. You'll see two: one for the HDA controller on the mobo the other for the HDA controller on the nvidia card.

I'm not certain, but it appears the HDA controller on the mobo isn't detecting the Conexant device at the moment. The Conexant driver install may be failing because it's not detecting the Conexant HD device. Are you getting an install error message something like "Hardware or Device not found"?

Re-installing the HDA controller driver causes it to search for devices again. Maybe it will cause it to re-detect missing devices. Let's do it for both controllers
> Under System Devices, right click each HD Audio Controller. Select Uninstall
> Now reboot your computer. The driver for both controllers will reinstall

Do you now see any DevMgr entries with a yellow icon appear? That would be the Conexant device (missing the driver). Try the driver install again

Please understand everyone here provides their time and help on a volunteer basis. I try to help when I can and have the spare time so can't promise fast turn around with replies. I try to get back within 24 hours. Sometimes faster, sometimes not. If you need immediate assistance/turn-around with your problem, take it to a computer repair shop. Now, back to topic

Here's what I see
You have High Def (HD) audio on both your lenovo motherboard and on your Nvidia graphics controller. fyi.. Windows connects to HD audio like this
Windows <===> HD Audio (HDA) Controller <===> HD Audio Devices
The HDA controller, appears in DevMgr under System Devices. You'll see two: one for the HDA controller on the mobo the other for the HDA controller on the nvidia card.

I'm not certain, but it appears the HDA controller on the mobo isn't detecting the Conexant device at the moment. The Conexant driver install may be failing because it's not detecting the Conexant HD device. Are you getting an install error message something like "Hardware or Device not found"?

Re-installing the HDA controller driver causes it to search for devices again. Maybe it will cause it to re-detect missing devices. Let's do it for both controllers
> Under System Devices, right click each HD Audio Controller. Select Uninstall
> Now reboot your computer. The driver for both controllers will reinstall

Do you now see any DevMgr entries with a yellow icon appear? That would be the Conexant device (missing the driver). Try the driver install again

Well first of all I don't get any "error message" while trying installing the driver,it just says it faild to install...

I deleted the two HD Audio Controller under System Devices and reboot and now I have 5 unknown devices with a yellow icon under "other devices" in DevMgr ,and I can't update them nor installing the Conexant drive...

And I dont think it reinstall anything

??? Wrong report.
List any Problem devices
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]plus the Device Manager report (link in last post)[/FONT]

??? Wrong report.
List any Problem devices

[FONT=Times New Roman]plus the Device Manager report (link in last post)[/FONT]

No devices are listed

And I copy the report as instructed I don't no what's wrong...

Attachments

• report .txt
    162.8 KB · Views: 1
No devices are listed
I know the instructions are simple but are you certain no items are listed? Anything is possible with computers, but given your situation, that seems impossible (or at least very bizarre) to me.

Can you provide a snapshot of Device Manager with all those yellow icons showing. That will help me some if nothing appears under Problem Devices

I have your Device Manager report.

Hello,

I accidently deleted my conexant audio driver and now unable to completely intalling it back...
I downloaded the driver from lenovo site,each time it fails to install at the "drivet installation wizard" and I'm unable to finish the setup and left with no sound! plz help!

My os is Win 7 32 bit' home pre
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/
http://support.lenovo.com/en_PH/

Conexant Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows XP - Lenovo G450, G550
Conexant Audio Driver

Lenovo Diagnose And Fix Page:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/diagnose-and-fix/default.page?
Lenovo Solution Center for Windows 8 (32-bit), 7 (32-bit

Conexant Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Lenovo G450, G550
Conexant Audio Driver IN2AUD27WW5.exe 30.4 MB
[CENTER][LEFT]Windows 7 32bit,
Windows 7 64bit[/LEFT] 4.119.0.60 08 Sep 2010[/CENTER]
how to install audio driver:
disconnect temporarily from the internet.
*click and install Conexant audio driver for your windows 7 32-bit laptop.
reboot the laptop.

if installation fails, right-click installer and click "run as administrator". this requires a windows user account with administrator privileges.

I know the instructions are simple but are you certain no items are listed? Anything is possible with computers, but given your situation, that seems impossible (or at least very bizarre) to me.

Can you provide a snapshot of Device Manager with all those yellow icons showing. That will help some if nothing appears under Problem Devices

I have your Device Manager report.

Here it is,but not in english I hope you can understand something

Attachments

• ללא שם.png
    ללא שם.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 2
Kewl. DevMgr display device hierarchy would be right-to-left for Hebrew.

Try Misor's suggestions. If that doesn't work could you translate the items with the yellow icons PLUS their parent entry that has the question mark.

If you still have a problem after Misor's suggestions, It might help to switch to English temporaritly. Under CtlPnl->Region and Language set Format to English. On Admin Tab, set Language for Non-Unicode to English

See if any Problem devices show up now? Does Device Manager appear in English?

Kewl. DevMgr display device hierarchy would be right-to-left for Hebrew.

Try Misor's suggestions. If that doesn't work could you translate the items with the yellow icons PLUS their parent entry that has the question mark.

Well ok,

First file is the end result after trying installing the conexant audio driver as misor suggested(which I tryied before anyway)

And the translation :
items with the yellow icons-"unkown device"
parent entry -"other devices"

Attachments

• 2ללא שם.png
    2ללא שם.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
And the translation :
items with the yellow icons-"unkown device"
parent entry -"other devices"
That makes sense, and normally Problem Devices would show an entry for each of those Other devices (that's why I'm so surprised nothing show up... unless, perhaps it's because of the different language? IDK

I gotta step away for about an hour or so.. but will be back to take a look

/* EDIT */
Try switching Region and Language settings to English for now. Might make it easier

Have you tried setting the Format and Region to English? (per above post) Might help in further debugging

I think maybe part of your problem is the High Def Audio Controller driver on your Win 7 machine is corrupt. (It comes packaged inside Win 7) Check to see if each of these files exist
C:\Windows\inf\hdaudbus.inf​
C:\Windows\inf\hdaudbus.PNF​
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hdaudbus.sys​

Have you tried setting the Format and Region to English? (per above post) Might help in further debugging

I think maybe part of your problem is the High Def Audio Controller driver on your Win 7 machine is corrupt. (It comes packaged inside Win 7) Check to see if each of these files exist
C:\Windows\inf\hdaudbus.inf​
C:\Windows\inf\hdaudbus.PNF​
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hdaudbus.sys​

Still hebrew even after changing Format and Region to English
And all the files do exist

That Windows driver is corrupt. Windows Hi Def Audio Controller should reinstall itself when windows detects the 2 HDA controllers on your machine (one on the graphics card, the other on the mobo)

I can see in your DevMgr report both these devices are detected but no driver installed (they are two of the "Other Devices". Other Devcies are hardware detected without a driver)

Like I said earlier, until the controller is working the devices won't work. (Since the controller doesn't work, the Connexant device installation fails)

I can look further (probably with no reply till tomorrow). This driver comes packaged as part of Windows. The Conexant driver won't install till the controller's working

You might just want to do a Win 7 reinstall. Or if you have a Win 7 disk, try doing a repair. In any event, will try to follow up with ya tomorrow.

Someone else may have other opinions. But, for me, this is what I'm seeing in your data

That Windows driver is corrupt. Windows Hi Def Audio Controller should reinstall itself when windows detects the 2 HDA controllers on your machine (one on the graphics card, the other on the mobo)

I can see in your DevMgr report both these devices are detected but no driver installed (they are two of the "Other Devices". Other Devcies are hardware detected without a driver)

Like I said earlier, until the controller is working the devices won't work. (Since the controller doesn't work, the Connexant device installation fails)

I can look further (probably with no reply till tomorrow). This driver comes packaged as part of Windows. The Conexant driver won't install till the controller's working

You might just want to do a reinstall. Or if you have a Win 7 disk, try doing a repair. In any event, will try to follow up with ya tomorrow.

Someone else may have other opinions. But, for me, this is what I'm seeing in your data

Wow man thanks, we can do this tomorrow then...

Any way maybe tomorrow I will take it to a proper lab of lenovo so it gonna cost me some but I have no choice I need this laptop running befor this week is over ):

Yea, then you're best to take it in to have it fixed so you can be sure it's fixed and ready when you need it. G'luck!

Back