Failed to find any DirectX 9.0 graphics adapter in this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel555

I am trying to install my Sims 2 cd...I had it installed before and it worked fine but then I had a virus and I had to reformat everything and start over. When I installed The Sims 2 it said that "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0 graphics adapter in this system..please make sure you have directx compatible graphics adapter and have iinstalled the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer." So i got DirectX 9.0 and i downloaded drivers and they say NVIDIA cannot find any capatable drivers blah blah with your hardware.

I use to have windows 98 and i upgraded it to Windows XP home edition.
System Man.- NVIDIA

Someone built my computer so I don't know if that makes a difference.

My sound also doesn't work...something having to do with the driver. I don't know anything about it but I can follow directions..so any help would be nice.

You have a "missing driver" issue here... If you can perform a web search like using Google search for Nvidia drivers and download the correct latest driver for XP. The sound is another issue. Do you happen to know what kind of sound you have? On-board sound or a sound card? We will have to know this before we can help any further

On the NVIDIA site you can find drivers..but theres a list of different kinds like
graphics driver
platform/nforce drivers
multimedia software
I'm not sure what kind of driver its suppse to be.

theres others too but I downloaded the graphics driver for xp before and it said about how it couldnt find capatable hardware and the driver or something.

I'm not sure what kind of sound. I looked up sound and it says Name: SB Live! Wave Device...I don't know what that is but I kind of think I have a sound card.

I downloaded NVIDIA driver ad it said "The NVIDIA setup program ould not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

See if you can find a friend that can help you with this one on one... Sometimes hunting for drivers include removing the case cover and writing down any numbers on things like the motherboard, sound card, NIC or video card. These components have IC's that have numbers or letters on them too. Any of these numbers can provide clues as to what drivers are needed.

Saying this, we have really exhausted our options here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back