Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatiable graphics adapters- PC Game - Any Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, yesterday we decided to hook one of our pcs up to or LCD TV for picture and video viewing. That aspect worked with no problem once we selected the option to use your TV on the graphics card control panel. Last night we tried playing PC games (Simple ones like Dinner dash, and online games like ultimate baseball online) and they worked fine. So we moved onto Sims 2 which is a must have around here. And we get the following error.

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a directX 9.0C compatible graphics adapter and ave installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacurer. The application will now terminate"

Some specs to help you along
TV - Sylvania 42" HDTV (LCD)

Computer -
HP Pavilion Slimline s3100n
AMD Athlon Dual Core 4000+ 2.10GHZ
Upgraded 2gb memory
320 GB HD

Video Card
Chip Type - Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE
DAC Type- Integrated RAMDAC
Adapter String - GeForce 6150 LE
Bios Information - Version 5.51.28.54.27
Total Available Graphics Memory - 319MB
Dedicated Video memory 128MB
System Video Memory 0MB
Shared System Memory 191MB

Any Ideas?

I can assume you've ran SIMS2 on this pc before? Run dxdiag from the start/run prompt and see if there is nay probs. Next uninstall the video drive (NOT the video card in the control panel), just the driver and reinstall driver.

hmm, well I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. But I cant test rather or not it worked because a new issue has started. When I switch the card over to use the TV as the monitor I get a black and white picture with fuzzy reception which just provides lines and such. I checked to be sure the SVIDEO cables and digital sound cableswere contacted tight and properly and they were. Did I mess up a setting? How can I fix this? Thanks Im also posting a new topic for this.

Not sure if it matters but the computer is running Vista Premium32 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back