Failed To Find Any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so the other day i downloaded windows xp SP2; and ever since i've been getting the error message: "Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!" when i try to play the Sims 2.

The thing is, i've been told my computer isn't necesarily "fit" for the game. But it worked for over a year BEFORE i downloaded SP2. So i deleted SP2, to see if that would work, well; it did not.

I still get the error message.

When i go to the diagnostic tool, it says this on "Display": The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Before i downloaded SP2, again, i didn't have this "generic" thing; i had the real thing.

About the system:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.53GHz, ~2.5GHz
Memory: 504MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Can anyone..y'know..help? I'm about ready to pull my hair out. :(
Thanks, ahead of time. :)

Reinstall the video drivers, remember to use driver cleaner pro first. Although you haven't told us which card you've got, but it's a Compaq so I'm guessing it's either intergrated or its a nvidia 5200. If its intergrated the drivers will be found on the CD with the motherboard/chipset/sound/network drivers. Although I'm not to sure Compaq gives you that CD.

If you don't have the CD, just go to the website and enter your model number. They probably (haven't checked, so it's not certain) have a page where you can access all of the drivers, and I always recommend installing all of them, even though just the display/graphics drivers should do.

And, if everything on your system is "as it was", there isn't any way it's fit, although most PC's can pull it together when it comes to Sims. Not a very graphically-demanding series, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back