Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics in this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie520

:confused: ok, I really dont get this... I installed Sims 2 Double Deluxe on my computer and it downloaded just fine till I clicked the "play" button. It gave me a bluescreen and a note saying: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacture. The application will now close." So I downloaded DirectX, only to find out I already had it on my computer...So I figured there's something wrong with the device I have.. Here's some info on my computer and my video device:

Computer:

Manufacturer: HP Pavillon 061
Model: PC028A-ABA A620N
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow,~2.2GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Device:
Name: ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 SERIES
Memory:128.0MB

I hope this helps, and please, PLEASE help me someone!!! I'm going crazy, I just want this stupid game to work already!!:mad:

Look at all the HP 061 files available for download... My guess is that something needs to be re-installed... check your Device Manager in the System Folder to see if anything is flagged yellow or red or green.... then upgrade anything with a color flag.

I checked my device and it says that everything is working fine and the're are'nt any flags... maybe if I re-install my device...But if I uninstall it, will it erase all my video files off my computer?
thanx in advance for replying,
Carine

Can someone help me plz!? is this game ever gonna work or what? all I know is that I would never recommend any sims game to anyone!

Just because it says that everything is working fine doesn't necessarily mean there is no problem. If you uninstall the device in the Device Manager, it automatically reinstalls when you restart the PC and you don't lose any files.

Is your graphics driver up to date?

and are you sure the files wont be lost? :S because Im scared I'll loose all of my old baby videos...My dad dosen't want me to uninstall the device but I want to at least try, cuz I'm really desperate at this point...

Genie520, your files shouldn't be lost but in any case you should always backup your important files such as these baby videos. If you only have them in this one place and not duplicated somewhere, you will eventually lose them. Hard drives can fail without warning and then it could be too late to save your valuable videos.

and are you sure the files wont be lost?
No. Still aren't sure? No. Not unless you decide to delete them. Stay away from that delete key.

If you only have them in this one place and not duplicated somewhere, you will eventually lose them. Hard drives can fail without warning and then it could be too late to save your valuable videos.
Yeah that too. Go ahead and reinstall.

Which OS is being run? Some modified/streamlined OSes use modified DirectX components which may cause problems like this.

MicroXP uses modified DirectX components.
Is that legal...?
I don't think this has anything to do with the post. The thread starter probably got everything working after a reinstall, without losing any video's :).

Thanx everyone!!!:D Sims is working for me now, and i'm like so grateful!! all I needed to do is uninstall the driver! but.. you know I had two drivers?, well one of them isnt reinstalling...its not a big loss though so i dont mind (I just lost the 'tv' mode on my monitor) anyway, thanx so much for helping me!!! :)

Carine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back