failed to recognize LAN card

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelSLACKER

My computer failed to recognize my network adapter.. i have to restart it several times just for it to get recognized.. i'm using CNET PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter. COuld this be the reason? Should I get another type of LAN Card? Or is there any other way so i don't have to restart my pc several times just to access the internet~

Did you install the drivers correctly and are they the latest version. Ethernet cards are pretty basic I doubt that there is anything wrong with the card as long as it is on the Hardware Compatibility list at Microsoft.
Sometimes you can trick Windows into recognizing some hardware.
Go to Device manager and uninstall the card> Reboot and then allow windows to re-install it.
Also the position on the Mb can be at issue.The slots furthest away from the Vid card/AGP is a good choice.

i believe i did install it correctly... now i have to remove the driver first then install it again so my pc can recognize it... but it's too much trouble for me~

Try the adapter in another PCI slot.. If you have many peripherals then try disabling some useless ones to gain free IRQ addresses.

angelSLACKER said:
i believe i did install it correctly... now i have to remove the driver first then install it again so my pc can recognize it... but it's too much trouble for me~
The advice given to you is very simple and easy to try.All you have to do is READ carefully.
However if you find that this is too much effort.Take the machine to your nearest Repair Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back