Failing RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey, a few months ago I was having problems with my LG LS50a laptop, and diagnosed the problem as being a damaged harddrive. I replaced it, yet it was still very slow, and despite being a basic system, it was never this slow. After a full reformat it was still very slow, then today, whilst browsing techspot (ironically), I got an error that I fear may be related to dieing ram...

Any help appreciated

have you had a chance to memtest?

on the off-chance, you could try the included one in vista.. just type in memory diagnostics toolinto the search bar.. although i myself hadn't have the time to try it yet..

Could be lotsa things. Run a memory test from www.memtest.org. It is free. Run it for 7 to 10 passes or four hours, which ever comes first.
That LG is a relatively trouble free high quality laptop with few problems, great screen, low weight, and long battery life.
How much memory is installed. If it is only 512 MB, you could have this problem. Increase your memory if possible.

Thanks, will do those things. And yes its only 512mb, might upgrade soon.

PS: 1000th post WOOT

ditto- test your ram with memtest 86+ for at least 7 passes. If you're having failing hardware, you might want to change out your AC/DC adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back