Fakeinit.exe and or userinit.exe

By agbel61
Apr 30, 2009
  1. Hellow everyone,
    I am new to this forum...enough forgive me if I do not do this right.
    I got a nasty virus the other night that I think is the fakeinit.exe or userinit.exe.
    I was able to get rid of some of it by using super anti-spyware and mb anti-malware.
    But I am still infected. In my doc and settings\user\local settings\temp...I have a file called NSRbgxod.bak. Cannot delete it. No matter what i do.
    I recieve this black background and box with the message of "warning dangerous spyware detected". It has disable by system restore and my ability to change backgrounds. I also get redirected to other websites when surfing as well.
    I have read about a program called "spyware doctor" that is supposed to clean all these nasties. Would that work? anyone try it?
    i have attached my hijackthis.log file.
    I would appreciate any help someone can give me.
    thank you in advance,
    Best regards,
  2. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

Hello agbel61

"Spyware doctor" that is supposed to clean all these nasties" Only if you are willing to pay for it. IMO, Spyware Doctor is not trustworthy.

You have a large number of infections. I´ll therefore suggest you follow the below ->

Please run the steps in this guide:

8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Post attached log´s from:

In your next reply

Nb. I´ll recommend you replace AVG8 with Avira or Avast, during the 8 step proces. As AVG8 are apparently not good enough to clean a computer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.