Falling matrix screensaver error

TheDreams

I recently downloaded a matrix screensaver from here I went through all the instructions and installed it. It then opened the folder where 3 files appeared and said I had to add something to my windows directory. What do I do with them to add them to my screensaver?

Attachments

• matrix.png
    matrix.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
This doesn't appear to be all the files needed to run on Windows 7. I'm getting a file is missing error that is not included in the package. The error is reporting the "dx8vb.dll" file is missing. To me it looks as if DirectX 8 needs to be installed.

After reading the readme file, it suggest copying to the Windows folder. But that doesn't make sense, because the screensaver files are kept in a specific location.
  • C:\Windows\System32\
I'd say copy the archive contents to "C:\Windows\System32\" and then make sure DirectX 8 is installed.

I believe I have direct 8 installed and I cant find the install on google. Any suggestions/links? I copied the files into:
  • C:\Windows\System32\

I tried to install DirectX 8.1, I don't think the installer is installing anything. The installer finishes too quickly, and I still get the error. I even tried a DLL-Fixer app. The fixer app said "dx8vb.dll" was installed. The screen saver will now initiate but will not display. I'm guessing the screen saver is too old to work with Windows 7.

Back