Famous Computers?

M_Jones

My home PCs are all named after famous computers (or thereabouts) from films, tv etc

So our current network looks like this:
  • Zen
  • Queeg
  • Kryten
  • Orac
  • Slave
  • Mother
  • Tardis
  • Terminator
  • Holly

Anyway I have a new computer and im running out of names! Any suggestions following this pattern!

Martin

PS We did have a HAL but i dont wanna call my new PC that...

So much for me being a computer enthusiast, I've got no idea what those names are, and have no suggestions :S

I thought you meant from the title, famous computers :S; so my answer would have been the Apple II :D !

I think I'll change my computer name to SuperCray.

CMH now stands for "Cray (in) My Home".

:D:D:D

My hard drives are named after famous computers too

How about MULTIVAC from the Issac Asimov books ???
Or what about SKYNET
Or K9

Or there is a great list on wikipedia.org on this topic wiki/Computers_in_fiction

Sorry for not being able to post the actual link - the admin of this board won't let me.

Glad I'm not the only person being geeky :)

Keith

Robby is the most famous robot
atsv0j.jpg

It Completely Slipped My DIMMs.......

I don't know how you managed to miss "HAL 9000", the homicidal ships computer from "2001: A Space Oddyssey"!:evil:

Actually, captain, he said he had a Hal, but he doesn't want this one to be named that.

I like Arsenal Gear (if I remember correctly) myself, from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, but I also like WOPR.

EDIT, wow this was from 2007 people...

mopar man said:
Actually, captain, he said he had a Hal, but he doesn't want this one to be named that.

I like Arsenal Gear (if I remember correctly) myself, from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, but I also like WOPR.

EDIT, wow this was from 2007 people...

I can't read, I used to work for the Post Office.:eek:

Heh.

That explains why my mail is going to the neighbors so often....

I think we need to pull the scientists out and switch their jobs.
We don't need cures for diseases, we need our mail in the proper mailboxes!

I just found a pretty obscure, but important name.

The name of one of the first ever PCs, called the Alto. It was called Gzunda, because it "gzunda the desk".

Computer Seized By FBI..............

CMH said:
I just found a pretty obscure, but important name.

The name of one of the first ever PCs, called the Alto. It was called Gzunda, because it "gzunda the desk".

Now CMH, are you sure that this isn't the computer from "The Sopranos"?:haha: :wave:

mopar man said:
Heh.

That explains why my mail is going to the neighbors so often....
BTW mopar, it not only explains it, it justifies it!:rolleyes:

Back