Famous German graffiti artist composes stunning Street Fighter mural

Gabe Carey

Widely known in his native country of Germany as CASE, Andreas von Chrzanowski is one of four members in the "Maclaim Crew," a group of individuals famously considered "pioneers" in the photorealistic graffiti scene. The group has gone as far as to cover the entire sides of buildings with colossal depictions of everything from everyday portraiture to more odd examples such as this scantily clad woman sporting a pig mask and inelegantly carrying a cat.

While many of his works have consisted of the optically bizarre using true-to-life shades and hues, one recent mural conducted for the art collective powwow in Tokyo, Japan hasn't completely deviated from that style. Fittingly, it's a massive, twelve-story painting of E. Honda from Street Fighter.

The artwork can be found near the Tennōzu Isle Station in Shinagawa, Tokyo, and it's burdened Instagram with some heavy traffic thanks to its clearcut towering presence. Photos can be seen below, courtesy of Moon83 on Tumblr.

Permalink to story.

I think it's rather well done. Admittedly I've never heard of this character but it's better than plastering some politicians ugly mug all over the show.

Thats E. Honda and he's one of the many famous Street Fighter characters. If you ain't never heard of him then I pity you, you missed out BIG TIME brotha.

I think it's rather well done. Admittedly I've never heard of this character but it's better than plastering some politicians ugly mug all over the show.

lol seriously dude?

E.honda is one of the original 8 character in street fighter II which was released February 6, 1991, you haven't played this game once in the last 24 years?

lol seriously dude?

E.honda is one of the original 8 character in street fighter II which was released February 6, 1991, you haven't played this game once in the last 24 years?
Nope. I never played Streetfighter. The only game I remember playing back then was Circus Charlie and I remember very little of that. At that time I was too busy working and helping raise two young children. Games weren't much on my mind back then.

I haven't the first idea who E.honda is or was but that's some seriously cool art. Love the ambition of it. :)

honda.gif

Back