TechSpot

Fan and power led light stopped working

1. Hi.got a weird problem with my msi laptop. Just like I said in the title, my fan and power led light not working anymore. Everything is working great, pc running smoothly except I cant see what graphic card my pc is using because there is no led light(blue or orange).much appreciated any help.thanks

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,662   +311

Fix fan asap - may only need deep cleaning - search for your model and 'cleaning' on YouTube.

3. Dragos Gheorghe

Dragos Gheorghe TS Rookie Topic Starter

Done cleaning the fan and everything else around it. Still the led light not working...

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,662   +311

Glad you got fan working again. Have you checked MSI support for reports of GPU LED issues? You will need your model number. There may be a warranty.

If that is not helpful, please describe your system and how your issue with the LED arose (time, activity, age of system, repairs / maintenance performed).

5. Dragos Gheorghe

Rebooted pc and now it seems that power led light is working now...still dont know what caused this

6. Dragos Gheorghe

It seems the problem was with the newest nvidia driver...thank you a lot for your assistance.