Fan Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the intake side, so the fan is sucking air through it would logically seem the way to go. Don't put those on exhaust fans either.

Make sure the veins on that filter are heading the same direction as your fan fins are as well.

I would imagine some CFM is sacrificed, but minimally if the fan is sucking air through it, not trying to push air through it.

There would be no purpose for using a filter on an exhaust fan.
The purpose of a filter is to keep dust from getting into the case, not to keep it from getting out.

get one of those tornado fans, think it's made by vantec, and they have something aroung 80cfm for their 80mm fan.

It's loud though.

An alternative to a fan filter could be cleaning up the room so that there's no dust going into the computer. This has some other advantages, too ;)

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
An alternative to a fan filter could be cleaning up the room so that there's no dust going into the computer. This has some other advantages, too ;)

That's my strategy! :D

Dust thrives in clean areas as much as in dirty ones. The dirty areas just have much more of it there. I agree though that dust is a bigger problem in a dirty room than a clean one, but even here, where my wife cleans like she is posessed, I still have dust that collects, just not a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back