Fan-made Quest for Glory-inspired adventure/RPG game, Heroine's Quest, available for download

By Russ Boswell
Dec 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This is just one more example of why PC gaming can be such a rewarding experience.  Way back in 1989, Sierra Entertainment and Activision graced the PC gaming world with Quest for Glory, a massive adventure/RPG hybrid set in the...

Read more
  2. tomkaten

tomkaten TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 71   +26

In the 1st paragraph, I think you meant "The quest for heroin" :))
  3. The last Paragraph should read, it's only available for Windows, as I have a PC and run all three. Windows, Linux and Osx.
  4. jester376

jester376 TechSpot Member Posts: 53

While this may be a good game, I prob wouldnt even play it on a PC due to its low resolution. In my opinion, it would be more sutiable for a smartphone or tablet.
  5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 954   +30

I agree with jester376. It's hard for me to play a 320x200 game on the PC these days. Maybe on a small laptop screen. People don't realise that the common screen size at the time was 14", while current desktop screens are typically 24", so these games look worse than they did (if you play them full screen).
  6. Activision had nothing to do with Quest for Glory, or any of Sierra's games, to be precise. The company was called "Sierra On-Line" back then, not Sierra Entertainment. Activision bought the rights to Sierra's IP only in 2008.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.