Fan making noise... help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes132

Hello, I have a Scorpio Series case and the side fan (fan that lights up orange and red, some other models light up blue) is making some small noise. This noise is a very low electrical noise that you might here if you were near some huge electric phone wires (outside). It is not consistently making noise, it just comes on and off. I was wondering if there is any way i can turn off this fan, or is there any other way to deal with this problem... I am not so sure if this is a big deal, but it just doesn't sound right. I have 4 other case fans, power supply fan, cpu heatsink along with a minifan on my video card, so turning off this fan i dont think would cause any major problems with my cooling.

You can turn off the fan by opening the side panel and disconnecting it.

However, a better idea would be to simply replace the fan. They don`t cost very much, typically just a few dollars.

Regards Howard :)

the multicolored lights fans that come with those kinds of cases are real pieces of crap. they are short-life sleeve bearing fans and tend to be louder and less effecient than a nicer ball-bearing fan. it doesn't surprise me at all that it's making noise. ethier replace it with a nice fan or just simply remove it, it's there for looks more than functionality anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back