Fan speed increase wont make cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
specs:
amd 2500+ OC to 3200+
mobo gigabyte 7s748
cheap 450w power supply
coolmaster fan (looks like a jet engine)
200/400
cpu +5%
confused look on my face

do i need different thermal grease, or more or less (is there such a thing as too much?)

idle is 50*C, im not worried about that but
would appriciate any comments

(not an invite to sarcasm..... maybe just a little)

thanx guys

Welcome to TechSpot forums

Maybe the temperature doesn't drop much because the hot air stays inside the case. In other words, how's the airflow in & out the case?

By using a couple of h/d cable ties to hold the 660g fan/hs a bit better the temp has dropped to 42*C at idle

I got this fan on brackets mounted on the fan, also it dosnt make any difference what angle the case is on

the case fan is a bit poor so I will replace it and see how that goes. the case is usually open so

here's a pic attached of what im going on about

Attachments

• img000233.jpg
    img000233.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17
Temperature can easily change based on ambient temps as well. Keep in mind a cooler day will definitely equate to cooler temps.. Sometimes by even more than 10*

yeah, wheather has been same over the last few days

im really starting to think that its not seated properly on the cpu

any opinons

yeah

42 is normal...........and, when u play games, boom, up to 59 or so.......up or down on the fan rpm and nada, normal, for me......motherboard monitor does a good job of visualizing a general range of cpu temp...but, it's seated properly, you can count on that......sure u can reduce the temp, ie: water cooling, but, what for? other than fan noise, which u don't have, so forget it. considering ur current oc, ur staying pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back