Fan stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cpu recently has been making a lot of noise...i opened the chasis to check out wads wrong and i could not find anything wrong....so i fixed everything back and turned on my cpu...surprisingly theres no more noise but my cpu heats up real quickly...i found out tat the fan is not working....and i have got 3 fans...one for my graphics card..one for my motherboard...and one tat i believe is the motor of the CPU?before i opened up my cpu...theres no case of overheating....

so wad shld i do now?

Sorry could you clarify, the fan on the cpu isnt working?
If thats so the noise before was probably the loose bearings and theyre now jamming the fan (just get a new fan for about $5)
Also you should really have an exhaust fan on your case to keep the temps down...

hmm..the fan is in the "box" tat is connected to a power supply...not sure wad the box is...looks like a motor to me...

by connected to a power supply do you mean it is the box you stick the kettle lead in or you mean connected internally to the power supply unit??

Your horrible use of the English language is contributing to nobody really knowing what your exact problem is.

Which fan did you mess with? The power supply fan or the one on the heatsink of the processor?

i think i understand...the fan for your psu has stopped working? you can either buy a new fan and take apart the psu or send the psu back (if its still under warranty) if you dont fancy looking inside there (ive never had to do it myself so i dont know if its easy/possible)
Tmagic650 said:
"kettle lead" is this the power cord that plugs into a wall outlet?
thats what ive always called em...might be an english thing

jb444 said:
i think i understand...the fan for your psu has stopped working? you can either buy a new fan and take apart the psu or send the psu back (if its still under warranty) if you dont fancy looking inside there (ive never had to do it myself so i dont know if its easy/possible)

thats what ive always called em...might be an english thing

It is possible and relitively easy. remove the PSU (powersupply) from the computer case. Remove the screws in the PSU caseing (usually 4 on top),remove the metal caseing from the PSU, remove the 4 fan screws that hold in the PSU fan (4 on the back where the vent is), desolder the red and black fan wires (you may need to remove the circuit board from the PSU case)(be carefull not to touch the capacitor leads) . If new fan has a connector cut it off solder the red and black wires to the board where the original one was connected.Then reasemble the PSU and put it back in the computer. With that said It is probibly better to save yourself the trouble and just replace the powersupply.

deathy88, might need a new keyboard

Kettle, for tea
coffee pot, for coffee

both have removable power cords, like computer power supply cords

lots of thanks to those hu realli helped by giving constructive suggestions....to those hu got nth better to do than to pick on my english....ur comments are not welcome at all...

It is possible and relitively easy. remove the PSU (powersupply) from the computer case. Remove the screws in the PSU caseing (usually 4 on top),remove the metal caseing from the PSU, remove the 4 fan screws that hold in the PSU fan (4 on th back where the vent is), desolder the red and black fan wires (you may need to remove the circuict board from the PSU case)(be carefull not to touch the capacitor leads) . If new fan has a connector cut it off solder the red and black wires to the board where the original one was connected.Then reasemble the PSU and put it back in the computer. With that said It is probibly better to save yourself the trouble and just replace the powersupply.
or you can just snip the red/black wires from the fan (giving a good lenght of course) then strip em, twist to join with the new fan's, colour for colour, and sticky tape them (each wire seperately of course) and you're done. Easy for lazy people like me, or who've already just packed his soldering kit in storage..... :D

I think i'd go with twisting the wires together, I have a fear of bringing a soldering iron near my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back