Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

striderx240

I was looking at my old computer and I saw my fan unscrewed and connected to the mobo with the wires. How am I suppose to connect the fan to the heatsink. There is no screws or anything to hold it down. Could I just use tape or something?

No

Either the fan has clips to hold onto the Heatsink

Or it has 4 holes in each corner that you require screws to go through and into the HeatSink fanned element.

Or your fan and heatsink don't match!

Can you post a pic of it maybe (you will need to attach it) and the smaller the pic, the better (ie use your mobile phone camera) or edit crop it so it's not so big.

Oh, I don't have a camera on me right now. I'm looking at the heatsink and I see 4 dents on each corner, it looks like there was screws in it. Do I just need long screws so it can just fix the fan to the heatsink?

Indents. Hang on thinking...

I'm pretty sure that this mounting method used, two brackets that hung over two sides of the fan and then clipped into the underneath of the Heatsink element

[-----]

Yes I'm sure of it!

Size limit of 100K is ver hard you know !!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 7
Good idea :)

I have 3 lying around, but I can't attach them !

Any computer shop will sell you one, you may need your CPU type (Intel or AMD)

Also you will need a thin layer of thermal paste between the heat sink and the CPU

Just buy this too !

Oh I see you posted before I posted, or something like that

As I said on my post above, maybe just buy it. Actually you could take your heat sink with you, into a computer tech shop.

So that was a waste of time me uploading, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back