Fans of racing and anime!! Check here!

Initial D!!!

:)

That is the name of the anime I'm referring to.
Anyone else seen this? I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts about this insane and crazy show.

Without giving away much spoilers, this anime TV series is about the life of a teenager who gets involved in the underground street racing scene in Japan.

Takumi Fujiwara is his name and his partner is the trusty ol' 1986 Toyota Trueno. (aka Corolla GT-S) or Hachi-ROKU!!

Battles take place on mountain passes where hairpin turns, slow speed corners and steep slopes are plenty.
The race cars involved include a RX-7, Skyline, Civic Type R and much more. (Many of which I have no idea of since they are native Japanese cars)

Personally, I think this is the ultimate *racing* series/movies I have ever seen. Being somewhat of a newbie car buff myself, the amount of realism and depth this anime brings is definitely astounding.

It's the perfect collection to anyone's living room. I have a computer in my room and it's hooked up to the TV with a semi-surround sound pc speaker setup. Certainly is another thing altogether with an *entertainment* pc in your living room.
:cool:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and discuss about cars relating to the anime or elsewhere.

Thanks for your time.

A friend of mine let me borrow his tapes, so I have yet to watch it. He said it was very good too, so I guess I should check it out sometime.

it's out as a comic book here. maybe i'd check it out sometime soon. after all, i like comics a lot more than animated anime.

Hey Ai Hate,

You located in Japan or the Hong Kong area?

The comic book is not a really good representation of this anime.
Aside from the fact that you don't need to wait to catch up on the latest plots and surprises, it'll be a shame to miss out the anime entirely.

The music (Eurodance; doesn't help the mood!!), race/battle sequences (done in CG) and directing really accentuate the pace for this frenzied experience.

Just my two cents.

maybe. but from what i've seen, i always like the comic version a lot/ better than the anime versions (some exceptions such as St. Seiya, Dr. Slump, and some other classics)
modern animes are just boring, it think. stories don't progress as fast as they should. and since i can't understand japanese, i'll have to get the translated vesion, which the voice acting usually sucks.
and i LOVE comics anyway :)
oh, and i'm in thailand

Back