Fantom Problem. Please Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left my laptop on line all night. Next morning i noticed it was restarting it self all the time. After numerus scandiscs and virus scans(Avenger, Avira, SpyBot) i found nothing. It is stalling, it is like the disk has a hick up. I'm trying to defrag and it shows a message like System_OEM file is danaged. I'm desparate. Anyone to help ???

Sound like something mechanical. Maybe a spike in the power? Maybe your battery went bad? I can't see anything happening software wise while it just sits on overnight doing nothing. Does it have a protected wireless connection?

jhill3d said:
Sound like something mechanical. Maybe a spike in the power? Maybe your battery went bad? I can't see anything happening software wise while it just sits on overnight doing nothing. Does it have a protected wireless connection?

Hi jhill3d and thanks for interesting. No wireless conection present. What realy troubles me is that cpu usage is up to 90% when i'm doing nothing, my disk is running all the time even when idle, sounding like i'm running 15 programs all at once. And what about this bad System_OEM file. Why would it be corrupted. Any suggestions ??

Pull up the task manager and view the processes tab. Click the memory column to find out what process or processes are taking up the most memory. Goggle each one and go from there. Maybe spyware/viri? A google search of System_OEM reveils alot of spyware/rootkit/nasty links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back