Far Cry Irking Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Please respond if you're having similar problems or know what the issue is.
2.26gz P4
5900 128MB
1024MB pc2100
2 80g HD
All latest video, sound, etc drivers.
Just reformatted.

Far Cry issues.
Trees turning into mulitple yellow grid/waffle type things.
Crashes to Desktop.
Plays great for awhile, then comes to creeping death of a slowdown...grafx glitch all over the place...usually a Ctrl Alt Del, then renentering game will fix it, but not for long.
Major Sound issues with EAX, no ambient sounds, just my gunfire and walkie talkie guy speaking.

This game is so good, but at the same time, I can't stand these bugs/defects/problems.
All settings are high as I know I can support it....I think these are developer issues that I hope a next patch will fix...

Anyone else?

Ok, lets see if we can get ya fixed up here.

Make sure that Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering are set to application controlled.
(Yes I know you have a L33t H4X0r video card, but FarCry is better, so our systems are no longer the shiznit, Farcry is gonna eat them for dinner.)

Make sure you have the latest mobo drivers. This is often overlooked bigtime!

Update Farcry to version 1.1

Try removing the drivers for your video card, nvidia driver now un install them selves, but there's are 3rd party programs that do it too, seach google for them if you need to, then reinstall the latest drivers 56.72 is the newest as of April 2nd.

Turn off ALL unnessasary background apps No you don't need RealPlayer running in the task bar, KILL IT!

FYI, it's not the game bro, it's your system, why? Cause many, my self included, have no issues what so ever. So lets focus on spit shining that system of yours.

---> Updated <---

Uhhh,... I just re-read my post. Don't take me as a prick lol! I'm kinda blunt sometimes. So, anyways after you do the things above, if Farcry isn't working, post back and we'll keep going from there.

Thanks, but I just reinstalled/reformatted. Mobo is up to date, I have 56.72 drivers, latest Audigy drivers, latest everything, even the patch (which made things even worse). Trust me, after I uninstalled the game the first time, I did all this to make sure. Right now, after the reformat, Far Cry is the only game installed. I defragged using that Executive Defrag program, then virus scan, then disk optimizer, then I turned off ALL unnecessary services and background apps. lol, it's DEF. not my system as I have no problems with any other games that I had on there before the reformat (UT2k4, BFV maxed out).

I just got off ubisoft's forums...9/10 people are getting the exact same problems and they have PC's lightyears ahead of mine.

Some people advised changing the renderer to OpenGL, but that doesn't seem to fix everything either.

....waiting for the next patch....

Thanks for the reply.

Hi.

I don't know if either of you have looked at the un-official "Far Cry" community forum (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=170106891), but, this game seems to be reeming with problems - especially for those with ATI cards.

I got far cry and installed it - it wont even get past the main menu to the first level (the progress indicator freezes) - I then have to hard reset my system.

I would suggest you check out the forum link above ... seems to me that outside of PC requirements (which are high), ubisoft released a poorly tested game onto the market (in terms of configuration testing).

Problem_far, the reason you (probably) haven't gotten any replies is that this was a topic from years ago. Creating your own topic will probably get you more replies. We need your system specifications, also.

System

Here is my system spefications:
CPU:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP

CPU Speed:
1.11 GHz.

System RAM:
447.5 MB.

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 22600)

Video Card:

SiS 661FX_760_741_M661FX_M760_M741 (SiS 741 Rev 00)
Video Card Features - Video Card Video RAM: 64.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: - No

Vertex Shader Ver.: 0.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: 0.0

Video Card Driver Version Number (DirectX):
6.14.10.3540 FYI:

DirectX Version:
9.0c

Sound Card:
C-Media Wave Device

Sound Card Driver Version Number :
5.10 FYI

Does this help?

Your integrated graphics isn't supported by the game. The game also requires T & L which your graphics solution lacks.

Well thanks.I changed my old screen with my friend to a bigger one, but my grapics card was better.So I just need to buy a better graphics card...But its not the end of the world, just a game.Not so important.

Far Cry needs 2.0 ghz to work, but it worked fine before so I thought that it would work even after I got a new screen. It didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back