Fast Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_17

hi!!

I tested a lot of backup programs and still couldn't get the one that fullfills my needs. I thought other people here might be looking for something similar, so i post this.

The option i couldn't find is a backup type that doesn't copy over all the files. It just syncs the folders. I want this because it's a lot faster than moving 10 gb+ every time i need to do a backup.

I just want to keep my stuff mirrored in a folder in another pc thats in the network. Other programs will just copy over all the stuff. I want the program to first check out which files i created, modified and deleted in my local files, and then reflect that same changes in the remote backup folders.

Can anyone help me? I realle tried a lot of backup programs..l about 15 of them hehe

You are talking about some sort of incremental backup.

I am sure that the backup program built into windows does just that.

I used xxcopy for my incremental backup needs. It's 100% command line though, which may or may not be your thing. Once a batch file is properly setup, you can do an incremental backup of certain folders and certain types of files with the double click of your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back