Fastest laptop in the world!

Certainly interresting. Be nice when the rest of the hardware catches up in speed. Sucks there always has to be a bottleneck somewhere in there. Imagine a system with equal speed parts!

Probably, but if I pay $18,500 for a laptop, I'd like to have a great, long lasting (at least 24 hours :p) battery.

Ha you would be carying a battery probably 10 sizes of the laptop just to power it for 24 hours most likey since yeah thats asking for a ton of perfomance which requires power and laptops try to be lower powered but at those specs its deff. using power to the masses

Since most of America is overweight, I suggest a electro-thermal conductive power source whereby the user has to continue moving a pedal-like system with their feet while using the system. And power is derived from the motor as well as heat from special pads you wrap around your legs.

Just a thought. Use a computer, AND burn calories!

Good idea lol, I'm sure some company would make an after market battery or a/c system so people didnt have to pedal it. Also I dont know if you heard yet put that non-profit company that wants to make the $100 dollar laptop for kinds in 3rd world countries is going to have a hand crank on it. That would really hurt your hand lol

Yeah the guy way up there has a great point....a laptop has to be mobile, and thereby it needs such huge battery life.

sullijwiii said:
Has anyone checked out the fastest laptop in the world at www.atomchip.com? 4TB Drive, 4TB RAM, 6.8G Processor, all optical. Give me some feedback on what you think.
Wait wait wait wait there - slow down... 4TB? WTF? Isn't a TB 1024 gigs? 4096 gigs of ram?!?!

agi_shi said:
Wait wait wait wait there - slow down... 4TB? WTF? Isn't a TB 1024 gigs? 4096 gigs of ram?!?!
No, one of the pictures on the site shows a 200 pin SODIMM stick that is 1TB (4x256GB).

This makes me wonder... I don't think that stuff is real. 4TB on something the size of a CompactFlash card?

And if it is, the read times are probably obscenely slow. Well the read times are listed but 1.5 µA? An A is an amp isn't it? Amps don't measure read/write times.

Oh nvm I see now :dead: Stupid me. Read 60ns. Write 120ns. Yea, that REALLY makes me question the validity of that site. Read/write speeds are written as Mbps or MB/s not as ns or µs, and they are almost never so perfect as that. 60/120? Never would happen in a real situation. Nice to wish this stuff was real though.

Back