TechSpot

Fatal System Error Help

By hanaloa
Apr 21, 2005
  1. For the past two days I have been trying to troubleshoot a black screen and then blue screen error. Yesterday I was in the middle of system restore when I had a power outage. When I tried to restart I received a "win root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" error message. After repairing this problem and restarting, I received a "system32\drivers\ntfs.sys" error. I accessed Microsoft support to help me with this problem. Computer would restart and I was able to access the startup page, but it would freeze. I tried a Safe Mode restart, but it would take me to the dreaded blue screen with a "C000021a Fatal System Error."

I don't know where to go next with this. I'm trying to avoid a reinstall. Any tips on what to do next?

Specs:
    Dell Inspirion 1100
    1.66 Ghz
    256MB
    Windows XP Home
    SP 2 installed

Any help is much appreciated!

hanaloa

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. hanaloa

hanaloa TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the quick response and welcome. I will try out these troubleshooting tips and see what happens.

Hanaloa

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.