Favorite Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio

Hey! I have a question what is your favorite game of all time? My favorite game would have to be Counter Strike or Morrow Wind: Elder Scrolls.

Perhaps I should stop to think about this one more carefully but from the top of my mind: Diablo 2, Winning Eleven series and probably to make it to my list Far Cry, I have really enjoyed this last one.

PS: Akio, your enthusiasm in posting is really appreciated however this is the second time I'm moving one of your posts from The Meeting Spot to the correct forum board, please be more careful when posting a new thread ;).

Tough one.

Currently the following three:
Savage (online game)
Painkiller (now that the last patch has made it playable)
BF:1942 (playing online. It's boring in SinglePlayer!)

I might be adding Morrowind to the list soon (as I'm about to continue play it after a 6 month break)...
UT2k4 is howering just below that list, but it's just too run-of-the-mill to enter it...

Julio> Hehe, hopefully he'll get the message this time ;)

NES: Super Mario Bros 1, can't ever seem to get tired of that.
SNES: Mario Kart
N64: Mario Kart maybe, not sure, I don't like my N64 real well.
GC: SSX Tricky (biased cause I'm currently playing that a lot).
Mac: Escape Velocity (the original, not override or nova)
PC: Starcraft

Favorite game ever? don't really have one, its so dependent on what I'm in the mood to play.

agissi> Ugh! I hate that game! But that's because I played the final at a lan party, and it lasted for 7 hours before I gave up due to motion sickness!

zelda series (on the nintendo systems none of that phillips cd-i crap) and metroid

the one game i can always play no matter what mood im in is need for speed II for psx. it had the Ferrari F50 on the cover and a McLaren F1 on the back along with some other cars. It wasnt very balanced as the F1 was 35mph faster then the next fastest car and the ground stopped moving as soon as you hit 200mph but boy was it fun. also the gran tourismo series and the other need 4 speeds are pretty fun.

also conkers bad fur day for n64 is pretty good and grandia II for dreamcast, wild arms for psx and a bunch of others..

ive had too many games and systems in my life time to recall my favs - if anything it would be a lot easier to recall the worst games ive played...

SornyPanafonic: the one game i can always play no matter what mood im in is need for speed II for psx. it had the Ferrari F50 on the cover and a McLaren F1 on the back along with some other cars. It wasnt very balanced as the F1 was 35mph faster then the next fastest car and the ground stopped moving as soon as you hit 200mph but boy was it fun. also the gran tourismo series and the other need 4 speeds are pretty fun.

What do you mean the ground stopped moving?

Wow! There are so many all time favorites :)

Just a few:
Street Fighter II
X-Men vs Street Fighter
X-Men Children of the Atom
Virtua Fighter II
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior
Phantasy Star II
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 4
Guardian Heroes
Quake II
Gran Turismo III

I'll stop for now - but there are so many more that deserve to be on that list

Originally posted by Akio
What do you mean the ground stopped moving?

A glitch in the game, they never specified how fast the ground would move if you were going 200mph (the ground has to move in the game because the camera is focused on your car). So it probably just froze. I've never played it but that's my hypothesis.

For Mac it would be the original Escape Velocity, like SNGX. I still have the computer I played it on growing up, it's under my desk right next to my chair. It's a Performa 6400/200 PowerPC, I've had it since I was 9.

For PC, Age of Empires 2 and it's expansion, The Conquerors. I'm still playing them.

yep, Vehementi is amazingly correct, dropping knowledge like crazy.

the ground would normally flow under the car but as soon as you hit 200 it stood still and your car just magically glided along like everything was fine. its really weird since nothing seems to move except for the sides - and as soon as you dropped your speed everything would start moving again. very unique.

Action: Tekken 3

Adventure: Tomb Raider
tr_dosbox.jpg

Car game: Grand Theft Auto 2
gta2.jpg

First Person Shooter: Unreal Tournament
ut_999_dm.jpg

Role-playing game: NetHack
75fps.png

Neverwinter Nights (with expansion packs, of course) and System Shock 2 tie the second place in RPGs.

I'm not sure which genre this belongs to but it's still one of my favorites: Pharaoh's Curse (for Commodore VIC-20)
pharaoh.gif

System Shock 2 and Bioforge are two of my favourites, and now that I downloaded DosBox I can finish Bioforge. It was hard enough getting it to work under DOS, and impossible under WinXP/2k/98.

i never actually played system shock 2... i went out and bought it but never really got into it...prolly played it no more then 30 minutes..a shame really especially since i spent money on it. ehh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back