TechSpot

Favorite WinAMP Skin

By Vehementi
Sep 11, 2002
  1. Just wondering what everyone's fav WinAMP skin is. I don't currently use any, and some eye candy would sure be cool :cool:

Also if any Photoshop fans out there feel like making a TechSpot one...that would be pretty cool as well. :grinthumb

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,002   +592

I use WinAMP a lot however I must say I don't like its looks at all. There are many other programs that look a thousand times better however the simplicity and speed of WinAMP always comes unmatched.

I will start saying that I always use the double size option, the normal size is too small for me on 1024x768 res on a 19" monitor. I have tried skins on the old 2.x winamp and with the exception of a nice star wars skin I used for a couple of weeks, I usually get bored pretty damn fast of them and end up with the base skin.

Then 3.x is a different story, it has cool skin support however most of the skins seem to be made for the eye candy and not ease of use - the option of removing pixelated screens from the new winamp is cool but takes too much CPU time IMHO; add stability to that and like we discussed a while ago, I'm one of those keeping with 2.x until the new version is more mature.

3. Elcarion

Elcarion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 169

I haven't found many WinAMP skins that I like. My choice for best MP3 player/skin combo is XMMS with the UltrafinaSE skin.

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I like the Xperience once.

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

[​IMG]
    Egyptian skin :)

6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 2,704

Nice one Mic...:haha:

7. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

Here is mine...

It aint real fancy but I like it, you'll also see one of my favorite Visual Plugins in the pic too. :grinthumb

Attached Files:

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +422

I like Sonicated V4 and Kinwashi-Auriga the best.

LNCPapa

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.