Favorite WinAMP Skin

By Vehementi
Sep 11, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just wondering what everyone's fav WinAMP skin is. I don't currently use any, and some eye candy would sure be cool :cool:

Also if any Photoshop fans out there feel like making a TechSpot one...that would be pretty cool as well. :grinthumb
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +312

I use WinAMP a lot however I must say I don't like its looks at all. There are many other programs that look a thousand times better however the simplicity and speed of WinAMP always comes unmatched.

I will start saying that I always use the double size option, the normal size is too small for me on 1024x768 res on a 19" monitor. I have tried skins on the old 2.x winamp and with the exception of a nice star wars skin I used for a couple of weeks, I usually get bored pretty damn fast of them and end up with the base skin.

Then 3.x is a different story, it has cool skin support however most of the skins seem to be made for the eye candy and not ease of use - the option of removing pixelated screens from the new winamp is cool but takes too much CPU time IMHO; add stability to that and like we discussed a while ago, I'm one of those keeping with 2.x until the new version is more mature.
  3. Elcarion

Elcarion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 188

I haven't found many WinAMP skins that I like. My choice for best MP3 player/skin combo is XMMS with the UltrafinaSE skin.
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

I like the Xperience once.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

6. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 3,199

Nice one Mic...:haha:
  7. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,871

Here is mine...

It aint real fancy but I like it, you'll also see one of my favorite Visual Plugins in the pic too. :grinthumb

Attached Files:

8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,289   +262

I like Sonicated V4 and Kinwashi-Auriga the best.

LNCPapa
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.